PDA

View Full Version : Ride To Maine - Saturday!

itsflantastic
08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone,

This coming Saturday I'm leaving on a tour up to Maine to go visit my brother. I'll be doing it in centuries and mostly sticking to Adventure Cycling routes.
The bike is the same Bruce Gordon BLT that got be across the country last year (though the wheels from last year were shot and the only wheels I have available to me are aksiums. Let's hope they can handle a fully loaded touring bike eh?).

Anyway. . .
I'll be trying to post pictures/stories along the way @

www.crazyguyonabike.com/journal/flanridesagain

Thanks to everyone for their help with Connecticut. I would have gotten back to you with more specifics but it seems that the route that makes the most sense it to ride NYC up to Poughkeepsie and then cut east to Windsor Locks which actually will bypass most of the souther part of CT. HOWEVER, that being said. I will hit Collinsville and the Collinsville Bakery :beer: !!

Anyway, wish me luck! Anyone on the Atlantic Coast Route want to put me up for the night?!? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Dan

PS - if anyone knows they are on the Adventure Cycling route and wants to join me for a bit, I'd love the company!

Kevan
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Look at route 22 as an option, cutting up the center of Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties.

Dammit! I got to him too late.

itsflantastic
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
it's never too late. .
is route 22 exceptional?
Turns out I have a friend in Poughkeepsie. . .thus the change in direction.

Kevan
08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
in the Deer Isle 'hood of Maine you might want to give it a try. Silliest dang ride I ever done did. Great scenery too.

This best describes it:
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11695981/Zig_Zag_Springs.jpg

Kevan
08-06-2007, 08:05 PM
it's never too late. .
is route 22 exceptional?
Turns out I have a friend in Poughkeepsie. . .thus the change in direction.

but it runs north-south further east of your route hugging the Hudson.

I'll PM you and try to attach a pdf file that has a route north along 22 you might be able to alter to your liking. It's reasonable flat. Well, as flat as Westchester is willing to offer you.

Kevan
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
to you.