PDA

View Full Version : O.T. I am now officially an old man

chuckroast
08-05-2007, 02:46 PM
This is like getting carded in reverse. My wife and I are returning home from a concert Thursday night. We stop at the grocery store for a few things. In the checkout line, she's watching the screen checking the prices. Then she giggles and says to me "They are giving you a Senior Discount!" The cashier is embarrassed and my wife asks what the age is for Senior Discount. The cashier hesitates for a second then says "uh, 55". I'm not sure if that's actually the right age or if she was just taking a second chance at guessing my age. Any way....I'm still 50!

Sigh....maybe I should start going to dinner at 4:30.

A.L.Breguet
08-05-2007, 03:00 PM
At the risk of being disciplined by the moderator, I respectfully relay the following advice an "older" friend recently passed along to me.

"A man who has passed 50 years of age must never pass up a chance to p**, and also must never trust a f@rt"

Kevan
08-05-2007, 04:56 PM
The young ladies...they now openly engage in conversation with us because we're no longer considered a threat.

Wait...that's not a good thing is it? Damn!

Ken Robb
08-05-2007, 05:49 PM
This is like getting carded in reverse.

Sigh....maybe I should start going to dinner at 4:30.

Heck yeah, or you'll miss the first part of the Lawrence Welk Show! :banana:

Birddog
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I am now officially an old man
Post an update when you start receiving mail from AARP, you're not there yet.

Birddog

chuckroast
08-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh that started a year ago, I turned 50 in 2006.

Birddog
08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh that started a year ago, I turned 50 in 2006.
Welcome to Geezwehood!

Birddog

Fixed
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
well bro we are all getting older ..but magic happens when you throw a leg over the t.t. and sit on the saddle of your bike ..begin riding and your a kid again ..we are those kids with our bikes just with beef jerky skin covering imho cheers

wasfast
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm 48, my wife 52. We went out to dinner on Friday night at a local establishment. We sat in the bar as the line was stupid long for the regular seating which was fine. One of the waitresses was carrying a tray of free sample drinks. We said sure and SHE ASKED US FOR ID...I couldn't believe it.

William
08-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Man, you're not old until you get a prune bouquet. When I was in college I worked for a florist for a while delivering flowers (great job, every one is always happy to see you). I you had a sense of humor, they had a Prune Bouquet that you could order and have us deliver for birthdays. usually 55 and older...though not always. They would take roses and clip off the top and stick a prune on the stem. Then they would arrange them in a nice vase with babies breath and ribbons. It always got a good laugh. :D

http://www.lollipopsroses.com/photos/item0065.jpg

William

ejh
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
mid afternoon naps help too. I'm almost there 49. Eric

Ray
08-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm 48, my wife 52. We went out to dinner on Friday night at a local establishment. We sat in the bar as the line was stupid long for the regular seating which was fine. One of the waitresses was carrying a tray of free sample drinks. We said sure and SHE ASKED US FOR ID...I couldn't believe it.
Don't take it personally. There are places that have a corporate policy to card EVERYbody - even obvious septuagenarians. My wife and I are roughly the same age as you and it happens to us at a couple of places too. Got excited about it at first but then asked the waitress and was told that they have to card everyone, no matter how old they look. Ouch!

-Ray