PDA

View Full Version : New DA in 2008?

kerrycycle
08-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Can anyone clarify if Shimano will be releasing the next gen Dura Ace in 2008? I'm currently riding DA-9 and have decided not to get the current DA-10 gen (7700) if the next gen is coming out next summer.

Yes, there are lots of pics of prototype DA on some of the pro bikes this year; but, there are every year and I'm not putting much stock into it.

Thanks!

BdaGhisallo
08-05-2007, 08:39 AM
The latest word is that there will not be a DA update released for the 2008 product year. If there was to be one, it would have likely been shown at the Taipei show back in March to give the OEM guys a looksee. Further, you probably would have seen glimpses of prototypes in the Tour.

Shimano have been spending a lot of energy on developing the Electronic Dura Ace and there was some question whether they would even update the cable driven DA group.

Time will tell.

Check out the Fairwheelbikes.com forum and look in the Road subforum. There are some threads there about it.

Fixed
08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
bro why fix it if it ain't broken i have a bike da 8 and one with da 9 that still works great .when it breaks i will repalce....imho cheers :beer:

Grant McLean
08-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Team Gerosteiner have been riding a carbon crank prototype.
I'll think we'll see this before the electronic stuff in the market.

It's also likely that this will be the only '08 change, and it will
be '09 when there are other significant changes.

-g

kerrycycle
08-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Why update, you ask? The components are in great shape, even having been raced for 4 seasons. I just took them off my old frame that I broke & cleaned them up before having them installed on my new ride. The main reason to update is primarily that I have had to replace the BB at least once a year and more often twice a year. Granted, racing in New England during the the past two springs has not helped my plight (now that I'm in SoCal, that might change a little). The sealed outboard bearings on DA-10 would be much better. Secondly, I'm a big sprinter type (5'9", 175 lb) and would appreciate the extra stiffness afforded by the current DA gen.