PDA

View Full Version : Braze-on FD clamp question...

tbushnel
08-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know if there are clamps available that allow small adjustments in the FD position? I recently had to adjust my FD and had a hard time getting it just right, partly because of my imprecision when loosening the clamp and tapping the FD to move it a little here or there. I finally got it working well, but in anticipation of another build (soon I hope) is there a better way?
Thanks,
Ted.

CNY rider
08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
First I get the FD roughly positioned with the clamp loose, and tighten it in place. Then I just loosen the bolt enough so that I can slide the FD around a little, but still with considerable friction so it won't slide around on its own. I've never had trouble getting it adjusted that way.

Out of curiosity what kind of drive train is this? I use Shimano and it doesn't really need perfection down to the mm in positioning to function really well.

pdxmech13
08-03-2007, 09:01 PM
i like the method above as well but would add a touch of rubber mallet

tbushnel
08-03-2007, 11:27 PM
it was probably my relative inexperience that was the problem. It is a campy 10sp drivetrain. I did the loosen and tap with the mallet thing and it worked, it just took awhile. I had slippage problems though, so thats what really set me back time wise.
Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Cheers, :beer:
Ted.