PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels and a Serotta Legend

C5 Snowboarder
08-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I rode over to I-90 bridge to Seattle today to watch a practice session for the upcoming Blue Angle show. I wish I had brought my camera because number 7 Blue Angle flew right over my Colbalt Blue Legend - it would have made a great photo cus they are a Colbalt Blue color also. Plus beautiful clear blue sky in the back ground.
:crap:

Louis
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Too bad we can't match their thrust to weight ratio ...

Karin Kirk
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Cool! The Blue Angels were here last week. On Tuesday morning they were out and about doing swoopy things right over our house. It was very loud but inspiring to watch. They performed at an air show over the weekend, which was also fun to watch. I didn't go to the show, but we watched from a nearby friend's house with a perfect view of the airport area. The practice session was more fun to watch because they were closer to us.

I bet that looked cool with your matching bike!

J.Greene
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I got see them practice once also. It's amazing how much sky they used up and how fast they can cover that sky.

JG

Fixed
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
bro I they stayed in the same hotel as me one time ...bro talk about groupies they had them ..
cheers :beer:

Ozz
08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
... I wish I had brought my camera because number 7 Blue Angle flew right over my Colbalt Blue Legend - it would have made a great photo cus they are a Colbalt Blue color also. Plus beautiful clear blue sky in the back ground.

I'll get you some pics tonight.....I'm having dinner with them. :cool: ;)

Here's a picture of me and my wife from last year...

C5 Snowboarder
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll get you some pics tonight.....I'm having dinner with them. :cool: ;)

Here's a picture of me and my wife from last year...

Thanks -- I am envious..

Maybe someday you and your wife can ride with my girlfriend and me... She rides a Seven Cycle bike- carbon+Ti - not a Serotta but maybe we can cut her a little slack. :beer:

imp25rs
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I rode over to I-90 bridge to Seattle today to watch a practice session for the upcoming Blue Angle show. I wish I had brought my camera because number 7 Blue Angle flew right over my Colbalt Blue Legend - it would have made a great photo cus they are a Colbalt Blue color also. Plus beautiful clear blue sky in the back ground.

That must have been while I was sitting in traffic on I-5. :(

Oh well, at least I got to see them fly for a little while today.

rinconryder
08-02-2007, 07:12 PM

Serotta, built from jets. :rolleyes: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Peter P.
08-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't know about the Blue Angels, but I remember hearing when I was in the Air Force that the Thunderbirds standard practice was to perform their entire program at the venue prior to landing before the air show was to begin.

I was guarding the flightline one night before an air show at our base when a civilian vehicle drove right up to the Thunderbird's C-141 support plane. This was unusual so I went to check it out. I wound up getting a tour of the inside-they had a spare plane and a few engines, as well as tool boxes, etc. and it was all neat as an operating room. They were flying T-38s at the time, which I figured was to save fuel; the F-16s came later on.