PDA

View Full Version : Marin Century

Waldo
08-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Is anyone riding Marin Century this Saturday. I signed up for the metric double and would love some company.

mosca
08-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I did the double metric in 05 and the century last year but can't make it happen this year. I love it - the route, the support, the grub are all tops. Have fun, I'm jealous!

jeffg
08-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I technically missed the deadline for the Mt. Tam Double but they promised to add me.

If that doesn't work out I will be doing the double metric. I am excited since I have never climbed Mt. Tam or Coleman Valley Road. Does the double metric go over Mt. Tam?

Reminds me I need to get out and ride today. I am definitely "tapered." ;)

sbornia
08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Does the double metric go over Mt. Tam?

The double metric course bypasses Tam and goes north from the start. One of the century courses (the "Mt Tam Century" as opposed to the "Marin Century") does go south to Fairfax and then up Tam.

I am jealous of all you guys - had to take a month off the bike after f'ing up my elbow, so I am am not prepared for an epic ride. Have a great time!!

sc53
08-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I was just hiking up there a couple weeks ago while on vacation (the Dipsea Doozie trail or something out to Stinson Beach) but alas am back in hot humid sickening-air-quality DC now. Wish I could say I'd be there for the century.