PDA

View Full Version : The O...

Russ
06-29-2004, 02:48 PM
This post is not intended to be an in-depth review of my Serotta bikes. I just want to share with you a few thoughts and to tell you that after all has been said and done; I think the Ottrott is one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned…. At least, it has been the bike I like the most in comparison to the other 14 or so bikes I have ridden.

I have been able to log on a few solid miles and a few solid workouts on this lovely bike. As I mentioned on my original post a couple of months ago, this is a bike which I think requires some getting used to, to really appreciate it all its features.

First I agree with Sandy…. The bike surely is a CSI on steroids. Or in perhaps for those of you that do not have a CSI, a Legend on EPO.

Many positive things have been said on this forum about the features of the Ottrott, I agree with them all. There are some things; however, I can not differentiate from this bike and the Legend, that is when cornering and handling. This has become more evident, especially after I obtained a new Legend with a better geometry. The Legend when built properly, I feel it still gives the Ottrott a run for the money… I find that the two bikes are almost identical on that respect. But when it comes to shock absorption and pounding on the bottom bracket for acceleration, the Ottrott just goes…. And it goes almost effortlessly.

The CSI certainly is a bit slow when trying to do quick turns, but the CSI IS NOT a bad bike; I am taking into consideration that it is now “old” technology. The CSI, although, slow, heavy and not so sharp in handling, this bike has gotten me out of bad situations several times, such as the times when I have avoided careless drivers pulling out of parking lots or driveways… I also think the CSI is a very comfortable and predictable bike.

My bikes are almost identically as far their geometry, wheels, and components.

When I first obtained my Ottrott, I told my friends that if I had to do a century, I would go with the CSI. I think I have changed my mind…. I think after one-thousand-five hundred-miles later…. The Ottrott it is!

vaxn8r
06-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Carbon fiber....it works real good on bikes.... :cool: