PDA

View Full Version : A Serotta Appreciation

Buzz
08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
We were fortunate enough to have a tour of the Serotta Factory in Saratoga on Tuesday and meet all the folks who work so hard to make these beautiful bikes for us.

In a word: AWESOME!

I know there are many choices when it comes to builders, etc. but it was so heartening to see true craftsman at work. Real people who really care about their work.

We came away from our tour with the understanding that there is a lot more to designing, manufacturing and finishing frames of different materials then you could ever imagine. It seems that just about every bit and piece of a Serotta frame is made in house or through their own process.

I have been a bit leery of carbon frames and construction. Not anymore.

Frankly, my wife and I don't understand how Serotta can even function given the mathematics of costs, payroll, infrastructure, materials, healthcare, etc. but somehow they do and we (and you) should be very proud to support this American business and its employees.

I also got to meet up with Pete McKeon while on our visit whom I met on a ride in California earlier this year...another thanks to Serotta for this forum and setting up what is now becoming a worldwide network of friends.

Thanks again Ben and company.

P.S. Saratoga is a fun and kid friendly place to visit. Especially when you win at the race track!

Brian Smith
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for visiting!
I love seeing visitors getting a tour.

Ahneida Ride
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Frankly, my wife and I don't understand how Serotta can even function given the mathematics of costs, payroll, infrastructure, materials, healthcare, etc. but somehow they do and we (and you) should be very proud to support this American business and its employees.

I wonder too !!!! Expemses must be stagering !!!!!

ds97a
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
My CDA Frame has entered into fabrication so. Being local, I was able to schedule a tour (albeit on short notice) for tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it, and to the end result in a few weeks! Will post more afterward.

:D

Pete Serotta
08-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Buzz, great seeing you again and meeting Maria and the girls...

Hope you had a safe trip and look foward to seeing you again on Steve Hamspten outing...

PETE