PDA

View Full Version : Neat ride coming up for upstate NY forum member

BumbleBeeDave
08-01-2007, 06:47 AM
A week from this Sunday, on August 12, is the annual "Ti Ride" up in Lake George.

Here how it works . . . You meet at 7am at the steel pier in Lake George and put a bag with a change of clothes on board the Mohican, one of the lake tour boats. Then you ride the 42 miles up the west side of the lake on route 9N to the town dock in Fort Ticonderoga, hence the "Ti Ride" name.

There the Mohican cruises up to the dock between 11:15 and 11:30, you wheel your bike right onto the boat, then take the 2.5 hour cruise back to Lake George on the boat, with a restaurant, bar, and incredible scenery as you cruise down the lake.

I've done this ride 3 times now and it's incredible fun. The route is beautiful, there's one challenging climb over Tongue Mountain, and you've got 4 hours to do the 42 miles, so you don't have to hammer if you want to enjoy the scenery.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can discuss arrangements and lodging. If the weather cooperates it's a really fun time!

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
. . . from last year's ride!

BBD

Ken Robb
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
that sounds great! Beautiful scenery, friends, beer :beer: What more could one want?

RABikes2
08-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Wow, that sounds like a great time, Dave. Enjoy!
RA

Bruce K
08-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Dave;

Probably too close to PMC weekend and Nancy's return from FL to make it.

It sounds like a great ride and I would love to join you. Maybe next year.

BK