PDA

View Full Version : OT: Verizon Cell phone rebates

William
08-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Anyone ever actually been able to collect on one??? :confused:

The last round of cell phones that Mrs William and myself purchased supposedly came with a $50 dollar rebate that you were supposed to mail in. We sent in all the required paperwork that the Verizon store clerk went over with us and told us to send in. Which we did. After not getting a reply of seeing a rebate show up on subsequent bills, Mrs William called Verizon and was basically given a rash of shiate by the customer service rep that we didn't have the proper paperwork. After being told what we should have sent in...which by the way was never stated on any paperwork that we ever received (and my wife is a highly organized over achiever when it comes to filing, saving, and organizing paperwork), or anything that was stated by the clerk that helped us. Finally they told us what we should submit...and that we had a seven day window to get it to them or else it was voided.
Come to find out, after talking with a number of her co-workers who have Verizon, none of them were able to collect the rebate either. They all got the run around in one form or another. I know rebates are basically a selling ploy that the companies use knowing that most people don't bother to collect on. But I'm starting to think that Verizon has no intention of giving back the rebate....or at least making it hard as heck to do so so most people who do try will give up.

So I'm curious to see if anyone else here who has Verizon ever had a similar experience?

William

Ginger
08-01-2007, 06:38 AM
I never expect them to come through, but yes. Two years ago when I picked up my current phone I did receive the rebate.

Oh...btw...I am a tech writer, I don't bother listening to what the undertrained employee tells me. They don't know anything. I ask for the rebate information sheet, read it, and collect everything I need when I'm in the store.

Yes. It is insulting to the clerk to do this, but they seldom really know their jobs. And they do have the offer information, but they may have to print it out for you.

Hey...speaking of Verizon...my current motorola phone has become possessed. Every morning at 12:23 it beeps loudly and flashes the message:

open the flip

I didn't set anything and there aren't any alarms or reminders set...anyone?

Geoff
08-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Yup got mine, $50 in the mail, but it did take about 12-14 weeks. I know that everything needs to be correct or they wont give you the rebate. I also have never known anyone who was notified that there info was wrong, they found out by calling and then had to resend everything (keep copies of everything except reciepts to the good doctor :rolleyes: )

G

Bart001
08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
No rebates. My Verizon deal thru them was the same as it was directly with Verizon including Verizon's rebate.

Bud
08-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes- I can think of 2 or 3 instances where we've gotten our phone rebates no worries, albeit after a long wait...

Ahneida Ride
08-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Uncle William

I've given up on rebates. If a product offers a rebate, I find another
product or ask for an up front rebate. TOO many hoops and I don't
need the hassles. :crap: :bike: :fight: :eek: :(

Dekonick
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Verizon hosed me on 2 rebates for treo 700w's - stated same paperwork sheit.

:no:

Tom
08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
The company has a deal with them, so when I renewed my 400 minute plan (I use maybe 5 minutes a month unless I'm working from home and call somebody at their desk in Ohio) and got two new Razors they gave me the old discount, greater than the new discount, and the phones came to $1.

I don't think the guy that sold us the plan has any future with them.

C5 Snowboarder
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I did and no issues -- I switched from ATT and went Verizon for the sole reason all my Verizon user friends could use thier phone at my house all the time where the ATT worked only 50% of the time.

Anyway how I did get the rebate may have helped and this is how to do it .. I went directly to the Verizon store and decided on the plan and told them OK but you do all the paperwork for the rebate, they did it right there and it was done. :beer: