PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Summmer Report on New Legend ST

dohearne
06-29-2004, 08:02 AM
I took delivery on my Legend ST in late April and decided to share the results here with the hope of learning of other experiences on new bikes this season. In summary, my biking has improved considerably. On my "go to" 32 mile route I am consistently biking 4-5 minutes faster. The climb in the middle of this route (0.5 mile with 15% grade for 0.2 mile) I do almost a minute faster. My speeds overall are averaging 0.5-1 mph higher. My mileage YTD is 500 miles ahead of last year and my average ride length is probably 10 miles more.

I'm having a good season - but most of the improvement I attribute to my weight, not the Legend. I came into the season down 15 pounds from the start of last season. I had a self imposed weight limit before I could order the Legend which I reached last November after biking season for normal people was over here in VT. I have seen similar improvements in biking speed on my old Bianchi. I do find the Legend more fun to ride and I definitely believe climbing is easier on it. Thus the Legend inspires me to ride more, which of course leads to improvement. But, as is often pointed out here and elsewhere, the best way for most of us to get better is for us to lose weight. My goal now is to end the season down another 10 pounds (got 4 already)! For inspiration look to great bikes; for serious improvement look after your own body.

Serotta PETE
06-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Good advice/recommendations. I know that I should be taking it. PETE

Peter
06-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Congratulations for using such a goal as motivation to lose weight, then achieving success! As far as I'm concerned, you really did earn your Legend the hard way, and I respect that. Keep motivated for those next 10 lbs.!