PDA

View Full Version : yo, sram users: verdict?

Climb01742
07-30-2007, 03:17 PM
curious how folks who are running sram like it. what are your likes and dislikes? thank you in advance.

itsflantastic
07-30-2007, 03:28 PM
My buddy, who works @ a major bicycle manufacturer, had this to say about it:

"All of it's pretty right on, but the crank set/bottom bracket (i believe the term he used was) sucks. Don't bother with it."

I never got the details from him. He did mention that the new Sram Red bits seem to correct his issue with it.

Wish I could give more details than that. . .
I never rode it personally.

jthurow
07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm running Rival shifters and derailleurs on my CSI (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/340136881_8d4e3febfb.jpg). I dig it but it seems to be a bit more finicky than my 9-speed Dura Ace. I'm not the best mechanic but it took me much longer to set up my Rival shifters and derailleurs than DA9. This weekend, when I swapped wheels, I had to tweak the barrel adjusters a bit too, which I don't remember having to do with my DA9. Also, the down shifting seems a bit slower on Rival than DA9 but I'm wondering if I'm having some cable friction which might be causing the slowness. Finally, the spec'd derailleur cables are 1.1mm and not 1.2mm, which are what Shimano uses, and I couldn't get the 1.2 cables to fit no matter how hard I tried.

I love the the way that they hoods are shaped. The provide a much better bar to lever transition than DA9. And when I'm out of the saddle and holding on to the hoods, it feel so right.

jimi

EDS
07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I have about 3000 miles on a SRAM Rival equiped Serotta HSG Ti. I love everything about the SRAM set-up except the amount of front deralleur rub I get. Hoods are super comfy, brakes work well, shifting is good and I like the way all the components look.

The chain rub is a nightmare though. The front derailleur has been adjused a few times by me and was even adjusted by SRAM Race Support at a race recently. Still rubs. The rubbing is more pronounced when I stand and sprint or hammer up a roller, so not sure if it is just bottom bracket flex. When I look down it almost appears as if the chain rings are warped.

Smiley
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Climb the ergonomics of the brifters are the best thing about this grouppo. The brakes are as good as Shimano the CRANK set is not as nice as Shimano Period. The shifting is very good and I'd say more positive then Shimano but not as quite. All in all a great set up less the cranks. If I had to build a new bike I'd go for a Force set up less the crank set.

I do miss the mid point adjustment for the front Der that Shinamo has though

mosca
07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm running the Force brifters and derailleurs on my Klein. Definitely better ergonomics than DA9, but imho not as good as DA10. It feels to me like the DA10 brifters give you a full extra hand position due to their extra length on top, whereas the SRAMs almost give you the extra position but not quite.

The shifting quality of the SRAM setup is very positive, but feels "clunky" and requires more effort compared to DA10. And my F derailleur did require some fine tuning but I was able to get the needed clearance for the "no-trim" design.

The double-tap system is quite nice I think. One slight gripe I have with Shimano is they way the brake levers flop sideways if you put any pressure on them while riding in the drops. SRAM eliminates this while not requiring the extra shift lever location ala Campy.

At this point I'd probably wait for the "Red" gruppo and see what that's like.

David Kirk
07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm running the Force kit sans the brakes and crank/BB.

I like it very much. It took me a few days to stop trying to push the brake lever sideways (old shimano habit) but that went away pretty quickly.

I like the feel of the hoods and the effort required for a shift feels spot on to me.

The front der. trim can bean issue and I'm told this is fixed on the Red set up. I do get a little bit of chain rub if I cross over a whole bunch but for the most part it's a non-issue.

I'm excited for the Red cassette. That thing is the poop and I'll be upgrading ASAP.

Dave

Len J
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM

I like it very much. It took me a few days to stop trying to push the brake lever sideways (old shimano habit) but that went away pretty quickly.

I like the feel of the hoods and the effort required for a shift feels spot on to me.

The front der. trim can bean issue and I'm told this is fixed on the Red set up. I do get a little bit of chain rub if I cross over a whole bunch but for the most part it's a non-issue.

I'm excited for the Red cassette. That thing is the poop and I'll be upgrading ASAP.

Dave

is one butt ugly crank IMO.

Len

Steve Hampsten
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM

Dave

+1

David Kirk
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
is one butt ugly crank IMO.

Len

It just looks short to me.

Dave

Len J
07-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Dave

available in up to 180's.

Len

Wayne77
07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
All the talk I hear about the new SRAM stuff seems to be along the lines of "nifty ergonomics, cool shifting mechanism, unique..BUT..."

I can't comment personally since I haven't tried it, but until I hear consistently there's a gruppo out there that is SIGNIFICANTLY better, (not just different) than DA or Record, I'm not inclined to even go out of my way to try it out.

Is there anyone who feels the differences are positive enough to warrant a switch from shimano or campy with the additional learning curve/different tools?/experience that implies?

Sorry to veer OT slightly..

Edit: I've obviously never been part of the "early adopter" crowd.

dbrk
07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
...Edit: I've obviously never been part of the "early adopter" crowd.

Heck, you think y'er holdin' back...I still use downtube shifters (on most of my bikes, having reverted back to them on three more this year) and, while I get that for SRAM it's economics and markets and might give me a guest shot on the new Caveman series come fall, still I am disappointed not to see them in the groups. I am amazed that Shimano continues to make them though I think it must be the Japanese market that insists on them--- and I have now purchased enough sets for the shelf that I will never have to consider another "improvement" in shifting.

But to those who love the new stuff, I say, enjoy!

dbrk

Louis
07-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Dave, nearly every out there crank is short for you...

1centaur
07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I have Rival on the trainer (sans crank and brakes) and DA on all my road bikes.

I think DA is clearly better. Shifts are faster and more precise and yes, lighter (which I like). Even riding the trainer 5-7 days a week it's still possible to mis-shift by not pushing the SRAM far enough because I'm trying to do it quickly (in a hill transition, for example) - that's not true of DA. The shifts between chain rings I find clearly slower. Down the cassette is equal and up the cassette seems slower. I have smallish hands and like the DA brifter hoods far better, which is funny because most people with small hands seem to like the SRAM hoods. The soft touch of the DA brifter rubber is also more pleasant.

In the end, I think it's a clever shifting mechanism but gives me nothing I care about while subtracting the feeling of excellent engineering I always get from Shimano. It's good enough rather than truly outstanding.

Serotta_James
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
I've been using it all year and I've been impressed.
The shifting quality is good, the ergonomics are as good if not better than anything else out there and I've found it great for racing or riding in hard efforts when not thinking about shifting. The shift paddle is big and well-shaped and is exactly where I need it to be whether I'm on the hoods or in the drops.
I've installed in on about 10 bikes now and the initial setup isn't as easy as I find Shimano to be, but isn't any more difficult than Campy. I'm speaking mainly in terms of routing cables on the bars and getting the shifting to a happy place.

My gripes:
1) The rear derailleur does not allow for easy wheel removal/installation compared to Campy or Shimano.
2) The rubber used for the shifter/brake hoods seems to be more susceptible to tearing than the others.
3) The crank/BB have a way to go before they equal the quality of the Shimano. (I don't have enough experience with the Campy Ultra Torque cranks to compare, but I suspect I would conclude that they're superior as well.)

Anyway, I like the stuff and I'll be getting a RED group as soon as I can.

James

David Kirk
07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
available in up to 180's.

Len

Like I said........short for me.

I feel best on 190's and have been using them for a good number of years now. Zinn make a simple and clean boat anchor of a crank in 190 and I like them.

Dave

bostondrunk
07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I dunno....
Why buy a groupo that clearly doesn't work any better than campy or shimano, that has specific gripes from people (front der trim, fugly crank), has already had recals on their brakes, has had rear derailleurs spontaneously fall apart, etc.

I have 2007 record........and yet I'm convinced that it doesn't get any better than the current Dura Ace.

SoCalSteve
07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I dunno....
Why buy a groupo that clearly doesn't work any better than campy or shimano, that has specific gripes from people (front der trim, fugly crank), has already had recals on their brakes, has had rear derailleurs spontaneously fall apart, etc.

I have 2007 record........and yet I'm convinced that it doesn't get any better than the current Dura Ace.

After reading all the positive and negative things that have been said about the SRAM groups, I tend to agree with Mr Boston Drunk (and I'm not either from Boston nor drunk).

Just sayin'

Steve

sspielman
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I dunno....

...My thoughts exactly...in one word, why?

Bruce K
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
SRAM Force on the Meivici. FSA cranks with ceramic BB.

Lovin' it so far. Shifting is crisp and the ability to change 1 or 2 gears when "gearing down" to climb is a nice asset.

All my other bikes are Shimano but getting used to the right side was easy, the left side was harder for some reason as I initially kept going from big ring back to big ring when trying to get to my small ring. Time and mileage has fixed that.

BK

Larry
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
All the talk I hear about the new SRAM stuff seems to be along the lines of "nifty ergonomics, cool shifting mechanism, unique..BUT..."

I can't comment personally since I haven't tried it, but until I hear consistently there's a gruppo out there that is SIGNIFICANTLY better, (not just different) than DA or Record, I'm not inclined to even go out of my way to try it out.

Is there anyone who feels the differences are positive enough to warrant a switch from shimano or campy with the additional learning curve/different tools?/experience that implies?

Sorry to veer OT slightly..

Edit: I've obviously never been part of the "early adopter" crowd.

SRAM is built in the U.S......correct?? Chicago?? (Who knows?) Go Americano!
Well....it does not matter, since I am 50 per cent Italian. Campy man.
Checked out some aluminum Record cranks in the SALE items box at RBM.
Such beautiful construction and finish. The level of quality is so amazingly high!!

Attilio in Dallas

Fivethumbs
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I have Rival on two bikes. The main reason I bought it was for the ergonomics of the hoods. Shimano hoods were very uncomfortable for me and did not really care for the thumb shifter or the overall shifting feel of Campy. The Doubletap hoods feel good and the system has worked flawlessly so far. The brakes work great as well, better than Ultegra 6600. I have had no issues with either derailleur or chain but the front derailleur did take a little longer to get dialed in. The crank, however, is another story. I can't stand the crank or bottom bracket. I feel the design and workmanship is inferior to even Shimano 105. I promply ditched the Rival crank and BB and replaced them with DA and Ultegra. My only hope is the shifing mechanism and derailleurs hold up over time. I have a Shimano 600 derailleur from 1988 that functions today as if it were new. I wonder what the Rival derailleur will be like in 20 years.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
bro i wouldn't count on it lasting till 2027
..imho
cheers :beer:

sg8357
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I am amazed that Shimano continues to make them though I think it must be the Japanese market that insists on them--
dbrk

With the price of certain Simplex components approaching low earth orbit,
Shimano sees a market worth addressing.

My latest setup, Shimano LX rear, Suntour freewheel, Phil Hub,
Schwinn approved Suntour power ratchet bar-cons, excellent
shifting with no fiddly barrel adjusters.

Scott G.

stevep
07-31-2007, 05:37 AM

Scott G.

scott,
you are always looking for the latest and most expensive shiit.

this post must have somehow been transported from 1974.
i think the websote must have issues.
i did not know there was a website in 1974 even.

sspielman
07-31-2007, 07:07 AM
scott,
you are always looking for the latest and most expensive shiit.

this post must have somehow been transported from 1974.
i think the websote must have issues.
i did not know there was a website in 1974 even.

Al Gore was 26 in 1974...so he *may* have invented the internet by then. I don't think that he had a chance to invent global warming yet, though......

*Please don't interpret this a a partisan political comment...My contempt for politicians goes across party lines......

Larry
07-31-2007, 07:26 AM

Scott G.

Hpw about those old Huret derailleurs? ......around 1986.
Years ago, while riding fully loaded, I trashed out a Suntour and Shimano.
I was riding cross country, and that tough Huret rear saved my trip.
One of the best pieces of equipment I ever stumbled across.
Never to be seen again!

benb
07-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Interesting comments. I have a full Force gruppo on my Concours.

Some of my feelings echo others, some don't.

I've been 100% happy with the cranks & bottom bracket so far. I haven't really ridden it in tons of nasty weather yet but the cranks have been unnoticeable. They work and have given no problems and required no maintenance. Nice and smooth.

I've also been 100% happy with the brakes. I probably need to clean them but Sunday I did a very nasty twisty/bumpy descent that averaged 13% with sections up to 20% and I had no issues with fade and the brakes generally kept me feeling safe, which is tough on that descent.

I have big hands, I wear XL or XXL gloves.. I don't think the ergonomics of the hoods work for me as well as Shimano. I definitely get issues especially on long rides with my left hand from doing the upshift on the front deraiuller and I had to spend a lot of time to get the bars & position of the hoods right to avoid wrist pain..

I'm always happy with a shift from a large cog/ring to a smaller cog/ring. The opposite is problematic and difficult to tune. The shift action seems light IF everything is tweaked perfectly. However either the cables are not so hot, or they are just weird and they stretch out more slowly then others, mine have needed adjustment 2-3x over 1000x miles, which seems quite strange. And it's way out of whack compared to SRAM's MTB stuff.. which seems to go incredibly long periods without need for cleaning and adjustment.

When things get even remotely out of whack the shift effort seems to go way up which is the biggest annoyance for me.

I also understand how people grenaded some of the rear deraiullers. If you shift too quickly up about 3-4 cogs the chain can come off the upper jockey wheel and jam up very effectively. I'm luckily good at feeling it and stopping pedaling but I can absolutely see how someone could grenade the rear deraiuller if they blindly hammered once it jammed... However how they end up downshifting that much while hammering is something I don't understand. It's only happened to me when jamming on the brakes to stop for a sudden red light and wanting to downshift a lot to be in the right gear to stop again... a bit of user error but Shimano never did this to me.

I tried SRAM cause I've had a few Shimano brifters grenade on me... tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth. And also because when I tried SRAM on my MTB a year or two ago it was a fantastic success.. I love X.0 in every way.

musgravecycles
07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
...And also because when I tried SRAM on my MTB a year or two ago it was a fantastic success.. I love X.0 in every way.

Rival Levers/X.O. med cage rear der anyone?

Seems like a great setup for Cross. I haven't tried SRAM road yet but the 1:1 makes sense for cross, it seems as though it'd be less finicky in the muck...

benb
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
The problem I think is X.0 is 9-speed.

That is something that bugs me, even though I don't want to upgrade my MTB to 10-speed anytime soon I'd like to see SRAM introduce some MTBish cassettes that are compatible with force/rival for doing extreme hillclimbs like Mt. Washington, etc..

Also I think the reason X.0 is so much better then Force/Rival is all in the shifters, not in the deraiuller. The Force/Rival deraiullers work exactly the same way, they all have 1:1 actuation, I think they can be swapped back and forth already just fine, as deraiullers usually don't care about 9 vs. 10 speeds.

Hopefully Red will fix a lot of this stuff. If they revise Force and Rival to have a shorter throw after Red comes out I'd be pretty tempted to sell my brifters and get the new ones.

OldDog
07-31-2007, 11:43 AM
It dosn't get any better. Shifting is extremely smooth, both up and down. Ergonomics is spot on for my paws. Shifters, brakes, cranks and bb are perfect. Finish is smooth polished and bright. Still shifts like new. Wait, uh, I'm sorry, I have 01 Record......

Italiano baby.... :beer:

soulspinner
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Rode a Roubaix with Rival. I was very impressed with the shifting motion and the brakes. As a longtime Campyphile I appreciated no thumbshifter in the way, cables hidden, and the stopping power of the brakes. I thought the throw to downshift was a bit far, but nothing one wouldnt adjust to quickly. I was surprised it was that good for SRAMs first try on a road group. Ergonomics on the hoods was excellent.

musgravecycles
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
The problem I think is X.0. is 9-speed.

Yeah but the difference is coming from the amount of cable the lever is pulling. With a 1:1 ratio on both systems the Der. should be compatible with both 9 & 10...

People are complainin' about the road Derailleurs spontaneously combusting, why not use a proven X.O. with the med cage?

Personally I'm with OldDog, my '01 Record group is still going strong with some springs/jockey's every once in a while...

benb
07-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh Ok.. I misunderstood you.

I thought you meant grab the X.0 deraiuller to solve the lever throw issues... not the grenading deraiuller thing.

And yah.. my X.0 has never jammed up the rear pulleys like the Rival rear deraiuller has. And I'm way more likely to be dumping 3-4 gears fast in the woods if I goof up gear selection in technical terrain. I *can* see the grenade situation happening in the woods if the chain jumps off the upper pulley..

As an aside.. can the chain jump off the upper pulley from B-screw position? IIRC I do have it set according to SRAM's spec.

Larry
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
It dosn't get any better. Shifting is extremely smooth, both up and down. Ergonomics is spot on for my paws. Shifters, brakes, cranks and bb are perfect. Finish is smooth polished and bright. Still shifts like new. Wait, uh, I'm sorry, I have 01 Record......

Italiano baby.... :beer:

Right on Bro......Campy keeps on tickin' when the others are barely clickin'.
Say what you want about Campy prices, Folks.
Record
Chorus
Centaur

These components keep working smoothly for years with minimal maintenance.
So what if you need to replace a spring now and then.
I prefer traditional and time-tested goods over the latest craze.
SCRAM...... SRAM !!!!!!

dtandy
08-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I have only about 500-750 miles on my SRAM Force set. I have the brifters, derailleurs and crankset/BB. I road Shimano 9 for several years and wanted to try something new so I went with the Force set after reading some good initial reviews.

I think that the finish of the components is a bit less refined relative to Dura Ace, especially on the rear derailleur. Also, the crankset's finish was good, but not flawless as one would expect on such a high end component.

The installation of the components was straight forward (I am a fairly experienced wrench) and should be manageable for most. I didn't think it was any more difficult than building up a Shimano bike.

Performance wise, the Force group has worked well for me. It took me next to no time to transition to the double tap method of shifting. Shifting has been precise, quick and reliable. Also, I find that I don't have any chain rub when I'm in reasonable gear combinations. I have never longed for my Shimano 9 days.

Like others have said, from a performance perspective the SRAM stuff is pretty solid but not necessarily worth the cost and effort to switch from Campy or Shimano.

Dave

SoCalSteve
08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Record
Chorus
Centaur

SCRAM...... SRAM !!!!!!

I have a feeling I can buy a whole new component for the price of that spring...

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Check out the price of Campy spare parts sometime..Youza!!! Can feed a family of 4 for the price of a crank bolt (thats 1 crank bolt).

OldDog
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Personally I'm with OldDog, my '01 Record group is still going strong with some springs/jockey's every once in a while...

Your welcome to run with me anytime.....you too Larry.

All together now, in Italian: Woof, Woof, WOOF! (Campy, Campy, CAMPY!)

zap
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
snipped

People are complainin' about the road Derailleurs spontaneously combusting, why not use a proven X.O. with the med cage?

X.0 did not fare so well for some either. Whats interesting is that you would have thought that SRAM would have learned a thing or two with those busted X.0 derailleurs.

I have X.0 medium on my mtb and so far it's holding up well.

On the road, Campy is the way to go.

otb4evr
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I have the complete Force group on my CDA.

I love it...

I used to have problems shifting to the larger cogs, until I started pulling the shifter out of it's normal "plane"... I end up pulling it toward my left knee and I hit probably 99% of the shifts, regardless of how tired I am or how quick I shift, etc.

Another neat point of the shifters, if you're a sprinter, is that, since the right shifter moves, you can pull it right next to the bar just before you sprint. You can then shift by moving the wrist just a bit. I have sprinted and shifted up to 4 times while standing...without losing momentum.

This is an awesome group and I am glad that I have it.

Jim

dgauthier
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling I can buy a whole new component for the price of that spring...

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Check out the price of Campy spare parts sometime..Youza!!! Can feed a family of 4 for the price of a crank bolt (thats 1 crank bolt).

Okay . . . Branford bike has Record crank bolts - 2 bolts and 2 washers - for $34.88:

http://www.branfordbike.com/crank/crank7.html

That's $17.44 per bolt. (I guess you could feed four people at McDonald's for that.) Actually, that doesn't seem all that bad. A crank fixing bolt isn't just a bolt; it has the integrated dust cap thingy attached to the head.

By comparison, a single Shimano crank fixing bolt and collar will run ya $21.76:

http://www.branfordbike.com/crank/crank8.html

The infamous Campy Ergo G spring (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the one that usually wears out) is $5.88. What's wrong with that?

http://www.branfordbike.com/cgi-bin/perlshop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=push&thispage=brake/big/bk05biga.html&ORDER_ID=294405320

Just sayin'.

SoCalSteve
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Okay . . . Branford bike has Record crank bolts - 2 bolts and 2 washers - for $34.88:

http://www.branfordbike.com/crank/crank7.html

That's $17.44 per bolt. (I guess you could feed four people at McDonald's for that.) Actually, that doesn't seem all that bad. A crank fixing bolt isn't just a bolt; it has the integrated dust cap thingy attached to the head.

By comparison, a single Shimano crank fixing bolt and collar will run ya $21.76:

http://www.branfordbike.com/crank/crank8.html

The infamous Campy Ergo G spring (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the one that usually wears out) is $5.88. What's wrong with that?

http://www.branfordbike.com/cgi-bin/perlshop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=push&thispage=brake/big/bk05biga.html&ORDER_ID=294405320

Just sayin'.

OK, here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

1.) 300.00 for a left crank arm

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC313348

2.) 22.49 for a screw

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC312829

3.) 61.00 for a skewer

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC306242

4.) 47.00 for a seat post clamp (oh, not the whole clamp, just one part).

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC302383

Anyway, there are 100's of these examples...

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: Call Shimano and ask them for a bolt....They will send you one in the mail free...I've done it a 1/2 dozen times for small parts.

vaxn8r
08-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Record
Chorus
Centaur

SCRAM...... SRAM !!!!!!
I couldn't disagree more.

If all we had was Campy, Campy wouldn't be what you love today. That's a fact.

As with any business, the more competition the better the product and or price, all the way around.

Michael Maddox
08-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I love Campagnolo. I really do. But, I recently kitted a 96 Cinelli Supercorsa with SRAM Rival. I wanted 10-speed, and I just couldn't put carbon/black components on a bike with chrome lugs--even if the black components WERE Italian. I looked and looked for alloy Record, nada. Chorus? Ditto. I got a Record crank in alloy and C-Record Delta brakes, and decided I'd make do with the SRAM derailleurs and shifters until I could find the parts I wanted.

I recently registered for the Six-Gap Century and figured--with my weight--why not add a compact crank for the ride? I looked at the Rival compact and found it MUCH more appealing than the new Record crank. It's finish is significantly better, and with the GXP bottom bracket, it's a lighter setup than the Record and Campy bottom bracket. I know. I weighed them.

I'm SUPER happy with my Rival setup. The DoubleTap shifters are amazing, if a bit irritating to setup just so. It's an attractive, functional set of components. I've just ordered a Force kit for a Ti bike I'm building that won't be so encumbered by aesthetic choices.

I WISH Campy would buy a clue and continue to offer such high-performance products WITH some inkling of the style and flair their old kits had. Some of us would enjoy classic Campy interwoven with modern technology.

Until then, anyone got a clean C Record crank lying around?

oldguy00
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Until then, anyone got a clean C Record crank lying around?

Sure, there is one here, NOS, but be prepared to pay some major $$$!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Campagnolo-C-Record-Crankset_W0QQitemZ230157389418QQihZ013QQcategoryZ5 6195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem