PDA

View Full Version : oh no here we go again

Fixed
07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
what's with this bro?
Doping expert levels charges against Contador
A leading German expert in the fight against doping claimed Monday to have evidence indicating that Tour de France winner Alberto Contador had used drugs.

Twenty-four hours after the Spaniard donned the winner's yellow jersey on the Champs Élysées the expert, Werner Franke, described the 24-year-old's victory as "the greatest swindle in sporting history."

Franke bases his claim on documents he says are in his possession from the Spanish police's Operación Puerto inquiry into Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor said to have masterminded doping programs for athletes. Contador was cleared last year by both Spanish investigators and the UCI.

"The name of this Mr Contador appears on several occasions on the court and police documents," Franke told German television station ZDF. "All of this has been simply concealed and hidden under the carpet whilst the name Contador was erased from the list of suspicious riders."

Franke claimed to have a detailed list of banned products used by Contador which appear in sworn statements following the raid on Fuentes' medical practice.

"He took insulin, HMG-Lepori, a hormone to stimulate the secretion of testosterone and also a product for asthma called TGN - in brief I have before my eyes a protocol for doping," he told ZDF.

"All of this has been covered up, at least in Spain," added Franke.

Contador, who inherited the lead in the Tour de France last week upon Michael Rasmussen's expulsion in a dispute over missed drug tests, denied he'd had any links with Fuentes' drugs program.

Speaking after Saturday's penultimate time-trial in Angouleme about why his name had been linked to Fuentes he told reporters: "I was in the wrong team at the wrong time and somehow my name got among the documents, but the UCI corrected the mistake and now I've got no link to Puerto."

Among the cyclists associated with Fuentes were Jan Ullrich, the former Tour de France winner and former Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso.

from velonews
cheers :beer:

J.Greene
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Was there ever any question that this would happen? He had long been rumored to still be involved in Puerto. Discovery took a Chance with him as they did Basso.

JG

what's with this bro?
A leading German expert in the fight against doping claimed Monday to have evidence indicating that Tour de France winner Alberto Contador had used drugs.

Twenty-four hours after the Spaniard donned the winner's yellow jersey on the Champs Élysées the expert, Werner Franke, described the 24-year-old's victory as "the greatest swindle in sporting history."

Franke bases his claim on documents he says are in his possession from the Spanish police's Operación Puerto inquiry into Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor said to have masterminded doping programs for athletes. Contador was cleared last year by both Spanish investigators and the UCI.

"The name of this Mr Contador appears on several occasions on the court and police documents," Franke told German television station ZDF. "All of this has been simply concealed and hidden under the carpet whilst the name Contador was erased from the list of suspicious riders."

Franke claimed to have a detailed list of banned products used by Contador which appear in sworn statements following the raid on Fuentes' medical practice.

"He took insulin, HMG-Lepori, a hormone to stimulate the secretion of testosterone and also a product for asthma called TGN - in brief I have before my eyes a protocol for doping," he told ZDF.

Contador, who inherited the lead in the Tour de France last week upon Michael Rasmussen's expulsion in a dispute over missed drug tests, denied he'd had any links with Fuentes' drugs program.

Speaking after Saturday's penultimate time-trial in Angouleme about why his name had been linked to Fuentes he told reporters: "I was in the wrong team at the wrong time and somehow my name got among the documents, but the UCI corrected the mistake and now I've got no link to Puerto."

Among the cyclists associated with Fuentes were Jan Ullrich, the former Tour de France winner and former Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso.

from velonews

Bill Bove
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
It ain't over till the fat lady with the drug test results sings. :(

BumbleBeeDave
07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
. . . of reasons that . . .

I. Just. Don't. Care.

. . . about pro cycling anymore!

BBD

Fixed
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
bro how does this help a cyclist ?
HMG-LEPORI
Human Menopause Gonadotrophin (HMG)

It has been broadly demonstrated that the gonadotrophins initiate gametogenesis and its regulation.
The gonadotrophins, protein-structure pituitary hormones, are homologous in nature, which means that for use in human beings they must be obtained from the latter.
HMG-lepori, human menopause gonadotrophin (HMG), highly purified and biologically titrated, is extracted from the urine of menopausal women, and therefore presents no risk of producing antibodies that could reduce or annul its therapeutic effects.
HMG-lepori contains follicle-stimulating gonadotrophin (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH-ICSH), with biological activity titrated by means of specific methods capable of separately determining each one of the FSH hormones and LH-ICSH expressed in international units.
HMG-lepori has a pharmacological and therapeutic action equivalent to the pituitary FSH. In men it directly stimulates the germinative epithelium of the testicle, promoting the spermatogenic maturation, whereas in woman it stimulates the maturation of the Graafian follicle.

COMPOSITION
Each lyophilised vial contains: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), from human urine, 75 IU; luteinizing hormone (LH), from human urine, 75 IU, approx. Excipient: lactose. Each solvent ampoule contains: sterile physiological solution, 1 ml.

THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS
HMG-lepori is indicated in the treatment of male functional sterility due to insufficient pituitary secretion or lack of testicular response to the normal pituitary stimulus. Oligospermia, asthenospermia, oligoasthenospermia, azoospermia through pituitary failure, functional hypogonadism, functional eunuchoidism and cryptorchidism.
HMG-lepori is indicated in the treatment of female functional sterility due to insufficient pituitary secretion or lack of ovarian response to the normal pituitary stimulus. Primary and secondary amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea and anovulatory cycles.

POSOLOGY
In view of the characteristics of HMG-lepori, and its specific indications and individual variations in response, the posology must be individualised.
Female sterility: The dosing schedule must be adapted to the ovarian cycle. For this purpose, 1 or 2 injectable solutions of HMG-lepori will be given daily until an optimal estrogenic response is obtained, with 3 or 4 injectable solutions of HCG-lepori 2,500 IU then given once, after one day of rest. Sexual intercourse is recommended on the day HCG-lepori is given. The treatment with HMG and HCG-lepori should be repeated over several cycles, provided that there are signs that ovulation has occurred without a subsequent pregnancy or in case of lack of ovarian response.
Male sterility: Due to the physiological duration of spermatogenesis, the treatment must be continued without interruption for 120 days, necessary to guarantee the culmination of a whole spermatogenic cycle, and this schedule may be repeated until the results desired are achieved.
Dosage varies from 1 injectable solutions every second day up to 2 injectable solutions daily of HMG-lepori, together with 1 injectable solution daily or every second day of HCG-lepori 500 IU, in 120-day cycles.
Once the therapeutic response has been obtained, maintenance treatment with 1 or 2 injectable solutions of HMG-lepori a week should be initiated.
Cryptorchidism: 1 injectable solution of HMG-lepori together with another one of HCG-lepori 500 IU in the same injection and with the same solvent every second day for 6 weeks.
The dosing schedules provided are given by way of guidance only. The doctor's opinion will determine therapy in each case.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
The solution for injection is obtained by dissolving the content of the lyophilizate with 1 ml of solvent, which should be given immediately and exclusively by the intramuscular route.
The injectable solutions of HCG-lepori and HMG-lepori may be mixed in the same syringe.

CONTRAINDICATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
It should not be used during pregnancy. Female infertility treatments with HMG-lepori and HCG-lepori must always be performed under strict medical monitoring (control of urine estrogens or plasma estradiol) with a view to preventing possible ovarian hyperstimulation).
This treatment should not be used in patients with evident thyroidal or suprarenal dysfunction, intracranial organic lesion (pituitary tumour), sterility ascribable to non-functional causes, uterine haemorrhages of unknown origin, background of thromboembolic diseases or ovarian cysts.
In case of cryptorchidism, the treatment should be suspended if any type of precocious puberty appeared.

INCOMPATIBILITIES
None described.

WARNINGS
Athletes are informed that this medicine contains an ingredient that may give a positive result in a doping analysis.

UNDESIRABLE EFFECTS
Symptoms of ovarian hyperstimulation may occur, in which case the administration should be interrupted. On rare occasions cases of thrombophlebitis have been reported, as well as to feverish reactions caused by hypersensitivity.

OVERDOSE
None described.
In case of overdose intoxication or accidental intake call the Toxicological Information Service. Phone number 91 562 04 20.

EXPIRY
This medicine should not be used after the expiry date indicated on the container.

PRESENTATIONS
Box with 1 vial of liophilizate of HMG-lepori and 1 solvent ampoule.
Box with 10 vials of liophilizate of HMG-lepori and 10 solvent ampoules .

BY PRESCRIPTION ONLY

Keep medicines out of the reach of children.

Farma-Lepori, S.A.
C. Osi, 7- 08034 Barcelona

cheers

Grant McLean
07-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Was there ever any question that this would happen? He had long been rumored to still be involved in Puerto. Discovery took a Chance with him as they did Basso.

JG

I don't want to go all Oliver Stone here...

But anyone else starting to wonder about the reason why the French lab felt it necessary
to leak positive test results to the press?? These positives come out
in a day or so anyway, right? Why the need to leak them?

Then, I remember back to the '88 summer Olympics, when Ben Johnson got caught doping.
The IOC had shut down the positve test results. Johnson's (and who knows how
many other's) positive test was never going to see the light of day. Then,
somehow a reporter in Europe got a fax in the middle of the night from South Korea.
This is about a week after the Olympic committee had the information.
Once this information came into the hands of the media, and the questions
started, it took the IOC another 3 or 4 days to actually admit that Johnson
had tested positive.

Is it possible to think that maybe the French lab has found positives pre 2005
that were never reported???? Certainly leaking the tests to the press forces
the hand of the organizers to actually report it, even if it causes a scandal.

g

jeffg
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
This Franke has claimed to have lots of evidence before, in particular in relation to Ullrich, has been forced to cease making certain statements by courts in Germany.

FWIW, this has not been widely reported in Germany by papers such as the Sueddeutsche, which jumps on every piece of doping information it can find and has other articles casting doubt on Contador.

We'll see, but should we believe Franke has just receives this information post-Tour? That strain credulity more than claims hat dope was for the mother-in-law or the dog.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.bio-pro.de/en/region/rhein/magazin/03682/index.html
prof's link

gdw
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
shocking

J.Greene
07-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't want to go all Oliver Stone here...

Is it possible to think that maybe the French lab has found positives pre 2005
that were never reported???? Certainly leaking the tests to the press forces
the hand of the organizers to actually report it, even if it causes a scandal.

g

G,

Man I like your style. To suggest that the common villian of Armstrong, Hamilton, and Landis is actually the savior pf pro cycling is brilliant!

JG

chrisroph
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
butch--i think it stimulates the natural production of testosterone, which is a better choice than topical application of synthetic testosterone.

Bill Bove
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Could it also be used as a salad dressing?

Kloden wants to know...

At this point all I can do is make stupid jokes. :crap:

bostondrunk
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
bro how does this help a cyclist ?
HMG-LEPORI
Human Menopause Gonadotrophin (HMG)

The non-scientific version - I believe it works with HCG (as mentioned in the write-up you quoted) to stimulate the testies to produce test.
For example, when bodybuilders do a cycle of testosterone, their testicles shrink because they stop working, as they don't need to work since your body has an excess of testosterone. When the body builder ends his cycle, he starts PCT (post cycle therapy) which often includes injecting HCG (and possibly HMB) to 'wake up' the nutz again. They'll also often use Nolvadex and/or clomid for the same purpose.

There ya go. So a cyclist could in theory use it to recover from a testosterone cycle, or possibly use it alone to get his body to produce more of his own testosterone, without having done a cycle.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
bro I wouldn't want to mess with anything down there something might go wrong ...thanks for the info ..

Climb01742
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
The non-scientific version - I believe it works with HCG (as mentioned in the write-up you quoted) to stimulate the testies to produce test.
For example, when bodybuilders do a cycle of testosterone, their testicles shrink because they stop working, as they don't need to work since your body has an excess of testosterone. When the body builder ends his cycle, he starts PCT (post cycle therapy) which often includes injecting HCG (and possibly HMB) to 'wake up' the nutz again. They'll also often use Nolvadex and/or clomid for the same purpose.

There ya go. So a cyclist could in theory use it to recover from a testosterone cycle, or possibly use it alone to get his body to produce more of his own testosterone, without having done a cycle.

a suspiciously knowledgeable answer. you been tested lately, BD? :D

Grant McLean
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
G,

Man I like your style. To suggest that the common villian of Armstrong, Hamilton, and Landis is actually the savior pf pro cycling is brilliant!

JG

OK, let's go Oliver Stone now...

Is it strange that Lance raced so few major events that weren't in France or the USA?
Does the UCI or USA cycling know something we don't?

Is the rift between the ASO and the UCI caused by the fact that ASO has
given Lance and Co. a free pass for 7 years???

This wild specualtion stuff is FUN !

g

bostondrunk
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM

who?? what???
surrrre, like everyone here hasn't shot a boatload of equipose to increase the rbc count.... :)

:beer:

cadence90
07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Mayo positive for EPO....

http://www.gazzetta.it/ultimora/agrnews.jsp?id={C6BF6FF3-D24A-43A7-82F5-073D1D2F1953}&cat=ciclismo&sezione=CICLISMO

Ciclismo: Tour de France, Mayo positivo all'epo
Indice Ultim'ora

MADRID - La squadra cislistica spagnola Saunier Duval Prodir ha annunciato che il corridore basco Iban Mayo e' risultato positivo all'epo durante l'ultimo Tour de France. Il caso di positivita' e' emerso ad un controllo effettuato dall'Unione ciclistica internazionale il 24 luglio, durante il secondo giorno di riposo. Mayo aveva concluso il Tour in 16esima posizione. Si tratta del terzo caso di positivita' dopo quelli di Vinokourov (trasfusione ematica) e Moreni (testosterone). La Saunier Duval comunica, inoltre, di aver provveduto a sospendere il corridore e che, se anche le controanalisi risulteranno positive, Mayo sara' licenziato. (Agr)

MarleyMon
07-30-2007, 02:54 PM
bro I wouldn't want to mess with anything down there something might go wrong ...

Dude - I thought you were already Fixed?

pdxmech13
07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
The UCI should just start testing riders samples under there supervison and we could all go back to just watching cycling again.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 02:56 PM
bro that is on another thread

J.Greene
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
OK, let's go Oliver Stone now...

Is it strange that Lance raced so few major events that weren't in France or the USA?
Does the UCI or USA cycling know something we don't?

Is the rift between the ASO and the UCI caused by the fact that ASO has
given Lance and Co. a free pass for 7 years???

This wild specualtion stuff is FUN !

g

USA Cycling does know the score. So many people don't know or forget the blood doping scandal from the 84 Olympics. The Springs was involved as well as many riders we think of as clean heroes.

JG

BumbleBeeDave
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM

. . . that no matter WHAT they test for, BostonDrunk would test positive! :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

BTW . . . is that serious new news about Mayo? I can't read Italian worth sh*t . . .

BBD

jeffg
07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
. . . that no matter WHAT they test for, BostonDrunk would test positive! :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

BTW . . . is that serious new news about Mayo? I can't read Italian worth sh*t . . .

BBD

Hold the Mayo indeed! :crap:

cadence90
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM

BBD
It says that Iban Mayo tested positive for EPO on the last rest day, 24 July.
He has been suspended by Saunier-Duval pending the "B" sample results.

skyflash
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul31news

Does this mean Saunier-Duval are leaving the tour, too?

Fixed
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
http://ibanmayoblog.blogspot.com/

soulspinner
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Could it also be used as a salad dressing?

Kloden wants to know...

At this point all I can do is make stupid jokes. :crap:

LOL...please pass the sativa salad...

Big Dan
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
believe.

J.Greene
07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I think all these positive test are really an indication of how easy it was to get away with this stuff in the past. The riders are not stupid, and they potentially could lose a years salary. The risk of getting caught had to be close to zero.

At some point the story will have to come out about how the testing has improved.

JG

William
07-30-2007, 03:14 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOH FUDGGGGGGGGGGE!!!

http://www.flickstongue.com/Movie/Bloopers/nuts.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm really getting suspicious of all these riders who are testing positive for these things for which there are reliable tests that only a total moronski would not know there is a test for it! They can't ALL be that stupid!

I had been drifting away from my conspiracy theory view before but now I am starting to come back to the view that all of this is nothing more than an attempt by the UCI to destroy the Tour because of their ongoing Pro-Tour p*ssing match . . .

BBD

93legendti
07-30-2007, 03:22 PM
what's with this bro?

from velonews

Not so fast Mr. Franke:

"Franke "can't read Spanish"
By Susan Westemeyer

German anti-doping crusader, Dr. Werner Franke, claimed to have read in the Operación Puerto documents that Jan Ullrich paid the Spanish Dr. Fuentes €35,000 for illegal doping products, but after losing a court case, he now has admitted to radsport-aktiv.de that he "can't read Spanish."
On Tuesday, a court in Hamburg, Germany, upheld an injunction against Franke prohibiting him from making such claims against Ullrich. Last summer Franke appeared on German television with the documents in his hand and claimed that this information was contained in this document.

"There are many unbelievable things in these documents, but this sentence does not appear," said the ruling judge. "When you cite a source that doesn't exist, you are out of luck!" The judge noted, however, that there are numerous mentions of Ullrich in the documents prepared by the Spanish Guardia Civil.

Franke's statement "just went a little too far," the judge said, noting that "This deals with the way it was said, not the content," according to the German press agency dpa.

Franke explained yesterday, "It couldn't have been a statement of fact. I couldn't read the report. It is in Spanish and I can't read Spanish.""

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php...eb07/feb14news2

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=314840&postcount=33

Grant McLean
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm really getting suspicious of all these riders who are testing positive for these things for which there are reliable tests that only a total moronski would not know there is a test for it! They can't ALL be that stupid!

BBD

That assumes the riders believe the test works everytime.
If you've been doping for years, and never been busted,
it perfectly logical to continue.

Now that the test has been catching some guys,
maybe something has changed?

g

coylifut
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
i've been clicking on cycling news looking for the news flashes every couple of hours since the Vino announcement. it's almost like a grab-bag to see who's next.

positive for EPO. Who uses EPO these days?

paczki
07-30-2007, 03:37 PM
"I'm really getting suspicious of all these riders who are testing positive for these things for which there are reliable tests that only a total moronski would not know there is a test for it! They can't ALL be that stupid!"

But if you combine the psychology of an extreme risk-taker, someone who hurtles down a mountain in the rain at 60mph on a bike, with the fact that they haven't been caught before, its not surprising that they continuously push the envelope. In Vino's case add incredible pride and the sense that his last chance was over. In Rasmussen's case, well, he didn't get caught doping really.

paczki
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=93legendti]
Franke explained yesterday, "It couldn't have been a statement of fact. I couldn't read the report. It is in Spanish and I can't read Spanish.""

Funny. But how much Spanish do you have to read to understand what he claimed to? I can't read Spanish, but I have no doubt I could read "Contador" and the other stuff. It may be like the Soler rumors, but I doubt it.
After that debacle he may have gotten someone who can read Spanish to double-check.

J.Greene
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I'd like to see a picture of what shinomaster is having for dinner. There has been a half dozen doping cases since the last time he's eaten.

JG

93legendti
07-30-2007, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=93legendti]

Funny. But how much Spanish do you have to read to understand what he claimed to? I can't read Spanish, but I have no doubt I could read "Contador" and the other stuff. It may be like the Soler rumors, but I doubt it.
After that debacle he may have gotten someone who can read Spanish to double-check.

Agreed. But, after that debacle he would seem to have ZERO credibility. If he is Germany's "leading" anti-doping expert, that is pretty sad.

djg
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't understand this -- didn't the Spanish court and the UCI clear Contador? I'd understood the coverage to say that the Spanish magistrate reported that Contador's name had come up in passing but that none of the OP documents linked him to doping products or Fuentes. Now, the fact is that I don't know what's in the various files or -- independent of the OP evidence -- what he might have done. But given the publicized background, it's more than a little strange for somebody who declares that he does not read Spanish to say that he reads in the OP documents something, in Spanish, contrary to the magistrate's report.

Elefantino
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
When Linus Gerdemann won his stage and the yellow, he lashed out against dopers and sounded the call for clean racing. After Vino, Boonen did likewise.

The question: What is clean cycling? Is it abstaining from all illegal performance-enhancing substances, or is it just not being caught? Is it possible, just possible, that everyone is up against the limit and Floyd/Tyler/Moreni/Mayor/Vino et. al are just the dumb ones who overdid it?

Do we actually believe that these guys ride the Tour on Accelerade, Endurox and Gu?

Therefore, "clean" is relative. Even if future Tours are declared clean, I would love to have the syringe concession.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
bro what was it that eddy said about the tour ? nobody won it on ...... alone
cheers :beer: .
cocaine was once thought to be good for endurance .

Elefantino
07-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I had a guy — a doctor, no less — tell me on Sunday's ride that there is some sort of something you can buy over the counter that is made for cleaning out your nasal passages and if you mix it right and snort it really does something or other … he lost me on "snort" part because I have an aversion to putting anything up my nose.

Fixed
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I had a guy — a doctor, no less — tell me on Sunday's ride that there is some sort of something you can buy over the counter that is made for cleaning out your nasal passages and if you mix it right and snort it really does something or other … he lost me on "snort" part because I have an aversion to putting anything up my nose.
yeah bro doc's are part of this mess let's not blame a bunch of kids for all this stuff .imho :beer:
cheers

pdxmech13
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Once again, its not the test that are getting better
Its the businesses that are doing the testing

3chordwonder
07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
+1

Is it weird to anybody else that Fuentes, Ferrari et al seem to still be in business? You'd think dispensing doping products contravenes the hippocratic oath for starters, so why the relevant medical associations don't de-register them... or something... yeah, you noticed - I'm no laywer.

I'm sure the Serotta board has a few who'd be able to shine a light into that particular dark place though.

BBB
07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=paczki]

Agreed. But, after that debacle he would seem to have ZERO credibility. If he is Germany's "leading" anti-doping expert, that is pretty sad.

I think there's somewhat of a difference between being an "expert" and a "crusader". Franke is, as I understand, the latter and not the former and it was in this capacity that his overzealousness caused him to come unstuck.

The extract you quoted earlier is quite interesting - while it may mean that Franke has a credibility issue, it hardly exonerates the cyclists mentioned in the report itself. The fact that Ullrich has seemingly been linked through a DNA match and Basso has outed himself lends credibility to what the judge says:

Franke's statement "just went a little too far," the judge said, noting that "This deals with the way it was said, not the content," according to the German press agency dpa.

No doubt the spotlight will shine on Contador in the same way it shined on Ullrich and Basso. Only time will tell what the outcome will be.

93legendti
07-31-2007, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=93legendti]

I think there's somewhat of a difference between being an "expert" and a "crusader". Franke is, as I understand, the latter and not the former and it was in this capacity that his overzealousness caused him to come unstuck.

The extract you quoted earlier is quite interesting - while it may mean that Franke has a credibility issue, it hardly exonerates the cyclists mentioned in the report itself. The fact that Ullrich has seemingly been linked through a DNA match and Basso has outed himself lends credibility to what the judge says:

No doubt the spotlight will shine on Contador in the same way it shined on Ullrich and Basso. Only time will tell what the outcome will be.

He's an admitted liar and a nut who lost a Court case relating to his so -called anti-doping crusade. The German Court entered an injunction against him prohibiting him from making comments about Ulrich!

You and I have gone around on this issue before and I think we can agree that you believe the ends justify the means. For me, if the means have ZERO credibility, then the end is not justified, since I then have ZERO faith that the message is true.

If Franke lies about what is in documents vis a vis doping investigations, he is not an expert, a zealot, or a crusader. He is a fraud.

As always, I have never said Contrador is clean. What I say is when it relates to Frankes' opinion on Contrador, or any other cyclist, is Frankes' word is worthless.

keno
07-31-2007, 07:19 AM
I just did a search on him and found surprisingly little, relatively speaking, on him and cyclists. Yes, there is some, but I expected far more than I found. Yes, Ullrich, and now Contador, but where are so many other names? Maybe he was asked for a quote on Contador and pontificated.

What am I missing? BTW, from what I read about him, he is a serious, intelligent scholar in certain medical fields, but so far his successes on doping and athletes seem to relate to doping in the East and West German athletetic programs, which has to go back in time.

keno

paczki
07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
He says he has a document he has submitted to the German authorities so will see. Maybe it's a suggested doping regimen, by the team, which had not been applied yet to the unsuspecting young Alberto so it was dismissed? Or maybe it's forged. Or maybe it's real!

93legendti
07-31-2007, 09:13 AM
He says he has a document he has submitted to the German authorities so will see. Maybe it's a suggested doping regimen, by the team, which had not been applied yet to the unsuspecting young Alberto so it was dismissed? Or maybe it's forged. Or maybe it's real!

He says a lot of things:

"...When questioned on how he came into possession of such documents, Franke refused to give away any information. 'They simply landed in my briefcase, that happens sometimes, and I promptly handed them over the Bundeskriminalamt {the German national police - ed.}'..."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul31news2

This guy reminds me of the Nyborgs in GlenGarry GlenRoss.