PDA

View Full Version : The Poor bird....

William
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM
A women brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary Surgery. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the birds chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something?"

The Vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room returning a few minutes later with a beautiful black Labrador. As the birds owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the Vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet petted the dog and took him out of the room...but returned a few moments later with a cat!

The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird. The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room.

The vet looked at the women and said, "I'm sorry, but like I said, your parrot is most definitely 100% certifiably.....dead."

He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few key strokes, and produced a bill which he handed to the women.

The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!?" she cried.

"$150 just to tell me my bird is dead?!"

The vet shrugged. "If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but.......with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan......

Sandy
07-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Very cute. I had seen the joke before, but without the lab in it. I enjoyed that. Thanks.

What would Rhea Basset have done?

Sandy

stevep
07-30-2007, 07:21 AM
so a grateful son gives his elderly mother a very rare parrot for her 85th birthday...
this bird cost $10,000 and could speak 5 languages including sanskrit...very rare for a bird...
anyway, the son awaits a thank you call from the mother..hears nothing for a week and finally breaks down and calls...

"mum, what about the parrot?"

" not a lot of meat on it..." replies the still hungry mother...

superunleaded
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. They discussed the gifts they had been able to give their elderly mother during recent months.
The first said: "I built a big house for Mom." The second said: "I sent her a Mercedes -- with a driver." The third said: "You remember how Mom enjoys reading the Bible. She can't see very well now, so I sent her a remarkable parrot that recites the entire Bible. It took people in my church
12 years to teach him. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot can recite it.
"Soon thereafter, their mother sent out her letters of thanks. "Milton,"
she said,
"the house you built is so huge, I only live in one room, but I have to clean the whole house." "Gerald," she said, "I am too old to travel. I stay most of the time at home, so I rarely use the Mercedes. And that driver is so rude! He's a pain!"
.."But Donald," she said, "the chicken was delicious!"

jamesau
07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
You asked for it...

Python's parrot sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GipFyAsYK1M