PDA

View Full Version : As seen on the street :O

Too Tall
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
We've all see folks riding with helmets on backwards, saddle heights that cause knee scrapes too but this takes the cake.

Riding home from work oncoming is a gent riding a hybrid. Something just isn't right. Ah, I see it, the brake bridge on the shock fork is behind the fork...hmm that's a new design to me. Whoa, no it isn't!!! I circle around and at this point the gent is stopped with allen key in hand about to..... "sir, can I help you?". "No I am fine". "Hey! I think your wheel is backwards". "No, it is fine". "Sorry to bother you but I think the bike will work better if we do this...". "Oh, ok.". "Sorry to bother you, bye".

Hope I didn't embarass him too much. Nice to see someone riding a "stayer's bike" ;)

goonster
07-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Yep, I've also seen this on the trail.

The steering wasn't real stable, but the lady seemed to be doing OK, so I didn't say anything.

Kevan
07-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Mtbbmx?

sspielman
07-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Josh....It is dangerous to interfere with the Darwinian process.....

Fixed
07-27-2007, 09:03 AM
We've all see folks riding with helmets on backwards, saddle heights that cause knee scrapes too but this takes the cake.

Riding home from work oncoming is a gent riding a hybrid. Something just isn't right. Ah, I see it, the brake bridge on the shock fork is behind the fork...hmm that's a new design to me. Whoa, no it isn't!!! I circle around and at this point the gent is stopped with allen key in hand about to..... "sir, can I help you?". "No I am fine". "Hey! I think your wheel is backwards". "No, it is fine". "Sorry to bother you but I think the bike will work better if we do this...". "Oh, ok.". "Sorry to bother you, bye".

Hope I didn't embarass him too much. Nice to see someone riding a "stayer's bike" ;)
bro such respect & help for a stranger what a nice thing .
that's why i like it here cheers :beer: