PDA

View Full Version : bicycling magazine video

Kines
07-27-2007, 06:21 AM
I paraphrase from the video linked to from the Serotta home page:

"when you combine carbon fiber and titanium you have a bike that makes you feel better 50 miles into a ride than a bike made from either material alone"

And to paraphrase one of our fav sports commentators: What kind of complete and utter bulls#it is THAT?!?!

Yes, I have bikes made of each alone and both together....

I guess when one has to fill time talking about a bike and how it rides based on material choices, one runs out of adjectives and phrases pretty quickly, and must start simply making stuff up.

Kevan
07-27-2007, 06:35 AM
typically flip-flops with its advise...

Going into a turn, point with your knee. Then it's, don't point with your knee.

It's more an excuse to sell new and "better" updated versions of the same.

That said, I do wander over to the rag-rack at the local library and flop into a seat and flip through their pages. I'd have to say they've improved some over the past 5 years.

William
07-27-2007, 06:46 AM
A guy I work with subscribed to a MTB magazine and started receiving it along with Bicycling Mag (huh?). Each month he just gives my the Bicycling since he has no interest.

I would agree that they have been some what better as of late. But I still wouldn't bother subscribing to it. I hate the fact that they seem to give positive reviews of every bike they cover. Don't want to tick off the advertisers on their product you know. :no:

William