PDA

View Full Version : Doping Conjecture

LesMiner
07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Just say its back in the late 1940's early 50's. Everyone is watching the competition to run a mile in less than 4 minutes. If the cloud of doping was there then, no one would ever break the 4 minute mile. In the day, sports experts, doctors, and scientists all said it was physically impossible to run a sub 4 minute mile. Anyone who ran a sub 4 minute mile must be doping! Medical science says so right?

So why is it that so many top riders, and TdF winners, admitted they doped but yet were never caught? Others were caught and some remain in denial to doping. Everytime a rider makes a spectacular win, another doping charge is made. The really sad part is the news media will go out of their way to report any form of a doping charge but otherwise the media is not interested in reporting anything else about cycling sports.

J.Greene
07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure this response will make sense but here it goes. Pro Cycling from the 1890's was never about athletics. It was about making someone else money. That is what it means to be pro. You do your job, period. There is none of this I gave it my best shot crap, you just go out and do your job. The tour was started to sell Newspapers. The guys would do heroic feats and get a page or two written about them. Fastforward to today and it's the same thing. The press is using them to sell newspapers and webpage hits.

JG

Just say its back in the late 1940's early 50's. Everyone is watching the competition to run a mile in less than 4 minutes. If the cloud of doping was there then, no one would ever break the 4 minute mile. In the day, sports experts, doctors, and scientists all said it was physically impossible to run a sub 4 minute mile. Anyone who ran a sub 4 minute mile must be doping! Medical science says so right?

So why is it that so many top riders, and TdF winners, admitted they doped but yet were never caught? Others were caught and some remain in denial to doping. Everytime a rider makes a spectacular win, another doping charge is made. The really sad part is the news media will go out of their way to report any form of a doping charge but otherwise the media is not interested in reporting anything else about cycling sports.