PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by a Cop

Frog Hair
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
There I was, riding my bike, not breaking any rules. Stopped at the stop lights, signaled my turns and was well within the very nice and wide bicycles-only lane on the road I was riding.

Next thing I know there are not one, but TWO cops pulling me over. And quite aggressively at that. When I was a kid, I was once stopped while riding my Dad's road bike (the cop thought I was punk kid who stole it). So I figured that maybe this was the case again.

Turned out to be a very nasty case of "profiling." After a very rough full body search right on the side of the road, 45 minutes of running my ID, checking serial numbers on the bike, etc, they finally let me go. The officer gave me a shove as he said "this time you can go, but I've got my eye on you."

In the mean time a kid with his pants half way down his arse and wearing a hoody sweat shirt and baseball cap on sideways walks by and shouts a "yo" to the cops. Cop nods his head back and says "have a nice day."

Finally the cops partner says to me, "don't let me catch you out here again. We know you cycling type. We did not catch you with any dope this time, but we'll be watching...."

Thank goodness for the Tour and its fine participants.

:butt:

William
07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
You're luck it wasn't Beungood that stopped you. When you hear the crack of those surgical gloves snapping, you'd wish a shoving was all you got. :eek: ;) :D

Sorry man. I know we all look like a bunch of meth head drug rinners but sheesh. :rolleyes: ;)

William

Fixed
07-25-2007, 07:00 PM
bro write a letter to the mayor with their badge numbers they can't do that without reason .imho
cheers

Dekonick
07-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Absolutely report it.

barry1021
07-25-2007, 08:23 PM
+1. Way over the line. I would be courteous and take their name and badge numbers. You can request the information at the station, but you may not get it.

b21

Kevan
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
the crow needs it.

Birddog
07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
SARCASM ALERT

Birddog

csm
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
bump for sarcasm..... funny tho.

slowgoing
07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I've got my eye on you

, Bill Jacks.

rwsaunders
07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Good thing you weren't riding with BB Dave in the Zebra suit. He might have gone Chuck Norris on them.

Dekonick
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I suspected that it is sarcastic, but if it happened report it.

Kinda reminds me of our friend who likes wine pie...

Remember... in quicksilver the messangers were doing dope runs... :D

Louis
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
At the end maybe you should have asked them if they were p!ssed because you didn't slip them a few bills...

manet
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
There I was, riding my bike, not breaking any rules. Stopped at the stop lights, signaled my turns and was well within the very nice and wide bicycles-only lane on the road I was riding.

Next thing I know there are not one, but TWO cops pulling me over. And quite aggressively at that. When I was a kid, I was once stopped while riding my Dad's road bike (the cop thought I was punk kid who stole it). So I figured that maybe this was the case again.

Turned out to be a very nasty case of "profiling." After a very rough full body search right on the side of the road, 45 minutes of running my ID, checking serial numbers on the bike, etc, they finally let me go. The officer gave me a shove as he said "this time you can go, but I've got my eye on you."

In the mean time a kid with his pants half way down his arse and wearing a hoody sweat shirt and baseball cap on sideways walks by and shouts a "yo" to the cops. Cop nods his head back and says "have a nice day."

Finally the cops partner says to me, "don't let me catch you out here again. We know you cycling type. We did not catch you with any dope this time, but we'll be watching...."

carry a toilet plunger on your rides

Grant McLean
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Keep some donuts handy,
and those cops will be on your team...

g

steelrider
07-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Next time tell them you know the chief and you'll slip him a bottle of whiskey to make everything OK.

rwsaunders
07-25-2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/40/51/

Fivethumbs
07-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Profiling eh? What, are you Dutch or were you just wearing a Rabobank kit?

shaq-d
07-26-2007, 12:30 AM
there's a case here in ontario; 2 cops stop aggressively in front of an older woman on a bicycle. they proceed to detain her and question her while on the roadside. no probably cause; no reasonable probably grounds.

was ruled OK.

police powers are expanding.

fear that.

sd

Climb01742
07-26-2007, 05:05 AM
carry a toilet plunger on your rides

and never reach for your wallet.

ah, the nypd. one of rudy's lasting legacies.

William
07-26-2007, 06:35 AM

Hmmmm.

soulspinner
07-26-2007, 07:25 AM
get one of those police benevolent stickers and put it on your "head" tube.