PDA

View Full Version : support for Rabobank

mjb266
07-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I for one find it encouraging that a sponsor such as Rabobank didn't pull the plug and didn't try to cover crap up...they fired the a-hole just as they should have. Regardless of how many cheat, a cheater at work is a cheater at work. It sucks to be a team mate but I think that many of us owe a debt of gratitude to a sponsor who permits a rider leading the tour to be pulled while others are allowed to continue. Go their corporate website and flood it with positive emails. Perhaps we will keep them sponsoring a team.

ada@prorider.or
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
+ 1

but there is more the sponser do not know,

or does not want to know

soulspinner
07-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Its too bad for Boogerd, the guy has been huge this tour.

Fixed
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM
class act imho
cheers

William
07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I for one find it encouraging that a sponsor such as Rabobank didn't pull the plug and didn't try to cover crap up...they fired the a-hole just as they should have. Regardless of how many cheat, a cheater at work is a cheater at work. It sucks to be a team mate but I think that many of us owe a debt of gratitude to a sponsor who permits a rider leading the tour to be pulled while others are allowed to continue. Go their corporate website and flood it with positive emails. Perhaps we will keep them sponsoring a team.

I hope you're right. But it also smells like damage control. Drop the hot potato before the plug gets pulled.

William

J.Greene
07-25-2007, 08:00 PM

How has a marginal climber been able to take all those moster pulls day after day in the twilight of his career? I can't believe that after the last 10 years or so we still don't open our eyes. We're shocked when the next scandal hits. Boogerd is an old school pro, don't make him something he is not.

JG

Elefantino
07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Damage control is not necessarily a negative.

If someone in your employ is found to have been lying, and the consequences of the lies are spelled out so that they require the employee's immediate dismissal, doing so is merely doing what is necessary.

This applies to whether you are a Tour de France yellow jersey wearer or the attorney general. Don't lie about things you're supposed to tell the truth about.

soulspinner
07-26-2007, 06:16 AM
How has a marginal climber been able to take all those moster pulls day after day in the twilight of his career? I can't believe that after the last 10 years or so we still don't open our eyes. We're shocked when the next scandal hits. Boogerd is an old school pro, don't make him something he is not.

JG

Im still on the innocent till proven otherwise team. He has been a monster on the front for Rabo. Thats a fact.