PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Tam Double?

jeffg
07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Anybody done this ride or planning to ride this year?

I may give it a go just to get my triple crown but it seems like a great route.

Jack Brunk
07-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yep, last 2 years. Epic ride up to Mt. Tam and then the killer route up Coleman valley rd,12-15% grade covering the the first 3/4 mile over the 5 mile climb. A little over 15,000 feet of climbing and the scenery is out of this world. Weather ranged from cold fog to 100 degrees on the stinson beach Coleman valley road side. Based on how you like ro ride, this will be routine for you.

Jack

sbornia
07-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I rode it last year, terrific course. The Tour of CA followed some of the route, including that nasty Coleman Valley climb (steep but not very long). Hwy 1 from Muir Beach to Stinson was recently repaved I think, so it's in great shape. Weather can vary enormously over the day. Go for it!

jeffg
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Yep, last 2 years. Epic ride up to Mt. Tam and then the killer route up Coleman valley rd,12-15% grade covering the the first 3/4 mile over the 5 mile climb. A little over 15,000 feet of climbing and the scenery is out of this world. Weather ranged from cold fog to 100 degrees on the stinson beach Coleman valley road side. Based on how you like ro ride, this will be routine for you.

Jack

I don't know about routine. Neither Central Coast or the Terrible Two were routine for me this year given my current fitness level. I imagine there will be a fair amount of just gutting it out.

The word seems to be it is easier than the TT, though the total climbing is about the same. I guess we'll see ...

Thanks to you and sbornia! I am psyching myself up for it!