PDA

View Full Version : Love an opinion!!

jmeloy
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Pretty new to the forum and really like the content and the tone.I'd like to grab some more of your thoughts. I have a Bianchi 928 CF frame/bike that I really enjoy. I also have a DeRosa Dual aluminum bike. It rides very sweet but is a bit rough for me, being an old fart. I have the ability to spend some green (not new Serotta/Seven green!) to pick up a new frame/fork and move the campy components from my DeRosa. Tempted to go new steel or see what I can get in a lightly used Ti. Interested in what the group thinks I should look at.... have recently looked at all steel builders and very intrigued....
Ideas for me??
JAM

rnhood
07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I've heard that Bianchi 928 is a fine bike - a sort of bargain in bikes. What are you looking for, something a bit more relaxed and more multi-purpose or, a new take on the racing theme?

jmeloy
07-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I've heard that Bianchi 928 is a fine bike - a sort of bargain in bikes. What are you looking for, something a bit more relaxed and more multi-purpose or, a new take on the racing theme?
rnhood, thanks for the question... more relaxed would be a good way to put it.
-JAM

Fixed
07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
bro do you mt. bike ?
cheers

SWorks4me
07-23-2007, 11:00 PM
An all steel (new) frame and carbon fork with some lively wheels...i think you wold enjoy it.

Wheels, depending on your weight.
Zipp 343 (clydesdale if need be)
Ksyruium ES
Campy Khamsin, Bora's

tch
07-24-2007, 07:52 AM
to go is a bit retro. I have a "racy" Concours and a Rivendell Ramboulliet with fenders and a triple. Bigger bike, longer wheelbase, more relaxed geometry. It's a certifiably different riding experience, and I really like it -- both the bike and the change-up it offers.
Bought the frame $500 on ebay -- $1400 bike all told. Cheap, different, versatile, fun. Who could ask for more?