PDA

View Full Version : Owneers' club

roadie7
06-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Well the impossible occured and I've ordered my Concourse. I never felt so pampered or rich as I did during the fitting process; it was great.

I was wondering about the owners club and various warrenties. There is one for $150 for 5 years and one for $250 for 5 years. While they sound impressive, are they necessary? How many of you are members of each one? I don't race so I'm not sure that the cap on repair bills is worth it. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

A special thanks to Smiley and the others who so quickly recommended painting companies for my old bike.

Smiley
06-25-2004, 06:32 AM
I think if you get a FREE jersey for joining the owners club it maybe worth it . I think you also get a metal decal to stick on the TT and maybe get some VIP treatment . Its not racing though that would crash your bike, I think overhead doors do more damage and repair claims , don't forget airlines and UPS if you ever travel. Titanium is pretty sturdy though so I would weigh these against the cash outlay , but if you like to sleep at night buy the owners club deal and Snooze away your worries . Good luck

William
06-25-2004, 06:45 AM
A special thanks to Smiley and the others who so quickly recommended painting companies for my old bike.

I missed that one. Any one have recommendations for painting companies in Southern, Mass or R.I.?

Thanks.

William

victoryfactory
06-25-2004, 07:38 AM
If your owner's club application accompanies your frame order, they will
put your frame at the front of the line for manufacturing. Something to
consider at this time of year. If you take that opportunity though, make sure
they match up your membership with your frame.
That detail can get overlooked and you could end up with a red ass.

VF, whose ass is red by nature....

BTW, I have never cashed in on the crash protection but it seems like a
great deal to me (level II)

Kevin
06-25-2004, 07:41 AM
I am a club member. I think that between getting puhed to the front of the line, and the security of knowing that you are covered no matter what happens to the frame, that it is a wothwhile investment.

Kevin

Bruce K
06-25-2004, 07:45 AM
I purchased the Owner's Club for both my Serottas and thought it a good investment.

I bought the 5 year plan for both.

I believe I have already recouped the investment on my Concours as I have made use of the discounted re-painting, several Owner's Club functions, plus got the jersey.

I am hoping I will never need the crash protection but it seemed like cheap insurance to me.

I might make use of the re-finish option on the Ottrott if I get tired of the decal colors before my membership runs out.

$50 per year seems like small dollars to me to protect a significant investment like my Serotta.

BK

Serotta PETE
06-25-2004, 05:15 PM
I share bruce K's opinion in regard to the owner's club. It is like our auto insurance in terms of collision - but much cheaper! (and more fun)

I have the level 2 coverage and consider it a very reasonable price for insurance and vip service, in case something happens.

With Ottrott, it becomes a "no brainer". because it is very very hard to just replace one of the main tubes. Ti and steel cost less to repair if only one tube, but $$ repairs still add up.

Program also gives you repaint discounts, discounts on merchandise, open house weekends (these are great), and quicker turnaround on factory work.

if you are able to factor the extra 250 into your "purchase" budget, it is well worth the protection. And if you do not want the jersey, Sandy will take it.

Pete