07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Real Deal :)

Big Dan
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Me like....

:cool:

mikki
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Great he's expanding with Vanilla! Got an email about it from Sacha yesterday; I'm happy for him.

Except.....boo hoo,he told me the time for getting a Vanilla has increased from four years to FIVE YEARS wait!!! Yikes.

Plan to get a couple of his bikes for touring...best get my (and my hubbies) deposits in!

old_school
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Nice, I love Kirk's work ... and it looks like the article was written by another cool bike dude - Gary Boulanger, formerly of Cycles Gaansari.

Fixed
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
good for him best of luck for him imho
if it were not for k.p. i wouldn't have my bike thanks kurt
cheers

mike p
07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Price? Who to order from? Time to delivery? Don't see much info at all.

Mike

mike p
07-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks Fat Rob and Kirk!

Mike

coylifut
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
welcome to portland kirk. i'm sure you will not have a lack of folks to show you the best roads, but if you do, get a hold me and I'll show you the south side.

wow, looks like portland is quite the bike industry magnent

Wiley J
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Great he's expanding with Vanilla! Got an email about it from Sacha yesterday; I'm happy for him.

Except.....boo hoo,he told me the time for getting a Vanilla has increased from four years to FIVE YEARS wait!!! Yikes.

Plan to get a couple of his bikes for touring...best get my (and my hubbies) deposits in!

What kind of relationship is he going to have with Vanilla?

Ginger
07-20-2007, 01:51 PM
What kind of relationship is he going to have with Vanilla?
You know "with"

sorta like in the same zip code, but they don't actually have to talk.

(Pacenti is moving his company from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Portland, Oregon, home of Vanilla, Chris King, Castelli USA, the Bike Gallery chain, and other notable bike companies.)

And Vanilla did send out a note the other day about their new space.

Maybe they'll be some really good shop warming parties with good beer?

Fat Robert
07-20-2007, 02:17 PM
i might post another pic of my pacenti (different stem and saddle)...and the rock lobster...and my cruddy track bike...and the dog i adopted in april...if i get a camera from the store...and if too tall re-sizes them for behind the tech curve, here....

soulspinner
07-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Pretty bike. Interesting build....

Wiley J
07-20-2007, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Ginger]You know "with"

I misunderstood Mikki. I thought "expanding with Vanilla" meant they were doing something together, like as partners.

William
07-20-2007, 02:56 PM
KIRK'S GOING to PORTLAND!!!!!!

I was sworn to secrecy a few months ago. :no: Shhhhew, I feel better now.

William

PS: Kirk, I never heard from those folks. I don't know if you did? I hope they like their carbon underpants. :rolleyes:

Ginger
07-20-2007, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=Ginger]You know "with"

I misunderstood Mikki. I thought "expanding with Vanilla" meant they were doing something together, like as partners.

Yeah...her post *does* give that impression, doesn't it.

And the internet lives forever so a year down the road someone's going to have a rumor about how Vanilla and Pacenti used to work so closely together that Kirk moved to Portland and "something happened" and now they don't but it'll build into some huge never happened thing and people will think they're sworn enemies and any time they're spotted in the same place at the same time people will walk on eggshells 'cause you know...wouldn't want to set something off when all along Kirk and Sacha are like...
...What?

And it all came from that one ill chosen word in a post on some internet forum.

S'alright. We all need a lil translation now and again.

:D

Wiley J
07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd love to own a Pacilla, or is it a Vancenti?

old_school
07-20-2007, 07:35 PM
i might post another pic of my pacenti....

yea, more pics ... I love that bike, a classic race horse: round tubes, Breezer droupouts, chainstays that beg to be stomped on. Anything that good is worth repeating!

Ginger
07-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah...it's a shame...Perhaps you can find one in your size on ebay?

William
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
You saw the "Sneak peak". Now you can catch the actual review. Kirk gets high marks for his design and craftsmanship! :cool:

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/pacenti-road-review-11787

I also hear he's going to have some monster chainstays available too for those who like em stiff. :banana:

Man oh man!!! Kirk is on my short list for a Squirrel killer road frame!!! :beer:

William

cadence90
08-08-2007, 07:47 PM
.... ..

Fixed
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
KIRK'S GOING to PORTLAND!!!!!!

I was sworn to secrecy a few months ago. :no: Shhhhew, I feel better now.

William

PS: Kirk, I never heard from those folks. I don't know if you did? I hope they like their carbon underpants. :rolleyes:
bro the whole forum is going to portland ....it better than the armpit called tampa.imho
cheers :beer:

William
08-09-2007, 04:55 AM
bro the whole forum is going to portland ....it better than the armpit called tampa.imho
cheers :beer:

Hey, I didn't get the memo but....I'm in. I'll swing by to pick you up bro. :beer:

William

William
08-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Very, very nice.

Do you know if those are the new dropouts mentioned in the article or standard Breezers?
(They look like the standards to me.)

Looks to be the same CS's as Fat bob/Dr Doof's has on his sweet Pacenti. On the one's I mentioned, I don't believe Kirk has photos for us yet.

William

William
08-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Dupe.

William
08-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Dupe of a Dupe.

Avispa
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM

Hey,

What happens if Dave Kirk and Kirk Pacenti work on a frame together?

Will you end up with a Kirk or a Pacenti??? :D

A!

Kirk Pacenti
08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey,

What happens if Dave Kirk and Kirk Pacenti work on a frame together?

Will you end up with a Kirk or a Pacenti??? :D

A!

You know it's funny you mention that...

10-12 years ago I had thought of using my first name as a bike brand... Anyone remember "Kirk Precision"? http://www.kirk-bicycles.co.uk/Kirk-Gallery.htm
I always thought that was a great name for a "brand".

I must admit when I heard Dave formed his company under the name "Kirk Frameworks" I was a little bummed that I wouldn't get to use it in the future. But the "brand name" could not have been put to use by a better guy imo! I am glad he's using it, heck it is his name after all... :D :D :D

Cheers,

KP