PDA

View Full Version : Book signing tour...

SoCalSteve
07-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Sherry and I went to see Floyd do a Q and A and sign his book at a local book store here in Los Angeles...

Whether he is proven guilty or innocent, I can say one thing about the guy...He's truly a gentleman in every sense of the word...

Glad we went!

Sherry and Steve

Elefantino
07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Nice picture.

LeMond might disagree with your assessment, however.

SoCalSteve
07-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Nice picture.

LeMond might disagree with your assessment, however.

Thanks!

Let him disagree...From what I saw it was pure class, all the way! Nice, warm, sweet and humble...

Remember, I have been dealing with "personalities" my entire career (27 years in the movie and TV biz around actors, directors, producers, etc...).

I can tell the difference between class and...

Steve

Delpo
07-19-2007, 07:08 AM
I just finished reading the book and came out of it wishing to meet the gentleman. It takes guts to declare a goal, work hard to it, and achieve it versus the best in the world.

Delpo

PaulE
07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
I saw Floyd at Bookends in Ridgewood NJ and got his book autographed. He liked my "Floydstrong" shirt. He spoke and then did a Q&A. Some of the questions -

Q: Campy or Shimano?

A: Shimano, although I did win the Tour on Campy.

Q: What made Lance Armstrong so successful?

A: Do you work for USADA?

Orin
07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I saw him in the Seattle area last week. About 500 people there according to the reports. He got a standing ovation when he entered the room.

The talk was typical of the reports, he said a few words then devoted the rest of the time to Q&A, joking that he must like being tortured.

The following article is about Floyd's Seattle visit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/070713

Orin.

Waldo
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I just finished reading From Lance to Landis and came away with a different impression.