PDA

View Full Version : Who did Smiley pay off ?

Ahneida Ride
12-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey, How come My rank is junior baby member and
Smiley's rank is Captain ?

Hmmmmmmm....:confused:

Kevin
12-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Ahneida,

By default you are a junior member until you have 30 posts; you are a member from 31-99 posts and at 100 posts you become a senior member.

If you go into the control panel you can give yourself whatever title you like. Smiley liked Captain. I was thinking Czar, Emperor, King, etc. My wife thought that perhaps Pathetic, Useless, etc. would be more appropriate. So for the time being I am letting the default title govern.

Kevin

M_A_Martin
12-27-2003, 12:35 PM
When you change your little describer, it changes it in all your posts old and new.

I was going for Goddess, but I thought people who knew me might have a problem with that...but hey! Michigan got some snow! Yipee!

Smiley
12-27-2003, 02:20 PM
A little Seinfeld for all that remember :banana:

Besides it does not hurt to own a Sailing vessel too.

dnovo
12-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Good God. Don't tell Sandy how to alter his profile, there is no telling what we will end up with. Dave N.

Kevin
12-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Dave,

Sandy already included "adopt a dog". It could have been worse.

Kevin

Bill Bove
12-27-2003, 05:08 PM
O.K. now, if climb01742 (shouldn't that be 01776?) can admit to having trouble changing a tire, I can admit to not being able to change my member thingie. I've gone to the CP, but what do I change? I can't find anything saying member status, what do I do? I am getting seriously frustrated, I hate computers!

By the way Ginger, in the saddle, noticing the tire is going soft to being back on the bike pedaling-three minutes. It can be done, lot's of practice.

M_A_Martin
12-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Bill, you're crossing threads!
Soon you'll be wearing high heels and long blonde wigs.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Thanks for saving me from that Colorado AL on ebay.
When practiced, I could do the tire change in under three, barehanded and all, but why? I don't race...and if the weather is nice, why hurry? I don't get greasy at all if I let the boys touch my bike (not likely, they might damage it!). So, do you do those snazzy cyclocross dismounts when you're having a rear flat? I think we'll have to decide on rules for the online version of the game. Like timer starts with the bike in the upright position, tire flat.

So, about this issue you have

When you are logged into the board,
1. Click on the user cp button at the top of the forum page

2. Click on the Edit Profile Tab

3. Scroll down to the Custom User Text section

4. Type in your desired title (even if you are not worthy) in the New Title field (Do NOT put in your web site, html is not allowed)

5. Click on the Submit Modifications button at the bottom of the page

And Presto! Your title is changed on all posts old and new.
:banana:

Bill Bove
12-27-2003, 08:42 PM
:confused: I STILL Don't get it, where is the customer text field as described in #3? Is it labeled customer text? If it is, I don't have that. Did i break my computer? Will I break my computer? This is not important but now it is driving me crazy:(

M_A_Martin
12-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Well Bill,

The CUSTOM text field should appear just after "Birthdate" and before "Additional Information".

Is it there? Remember to scroll to the left if you don't see the entire width of the page...

Bill Bove
12-27-2003, 09:17 PM
It's not there, I must've broken my damn computer:mad: I'm sticken to derailers. I lean to the left, so scrolling to the left was no problem but--still not there. Thank you very much for your help though.

Sorry 'bout out bidding you on that Al. I paid more than I should have for it and now I'm going to pay even more to have it repainted (pink ) It's for a really good friend of mine who lives in Boulder so she has a nice bike here when she visits.

BumbleBeeDave
12-27-2003, 09:21 PM
If I can figure this out it MUST be easy!

Buzz! Buzz!

BBDave:crap:

M_A_Martin
12-27-2003, 09:23 PM
The Al was too big for me anyhow...smaller than my current bike, but my fitter keeps telling me NO USED BIKES...unless they're a custom with a somewhere around a 50-54 seat tube and a 50 tt.
Fat chance. (I have one of those though...my winter project)
It was tempting...its still a 3cm shorter top tube than my current Serotta.
*sigh*

Hey...Bill...

go to user CP again

Click on Edit Options

Go to Thread View Options

and check to see if all those three options are clicked "Yes"

I remembered that I fooled with some of the Edit Options before the Custom Text appeared on the other page...but just which one? I'll have to contemplate.. are you accepting PMs? Hmmm

Bill Bove
12-27-2003, 09:27 PM
If I ever figure it out I will put MORON there:crap:

M_A_Martin
12-27-2003, 09:32 PM
I know what I'm doing on a computer this late on a saturday night...what the heck are the rest of you doing here?

shinomaster
12-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Dnovo...are you in Wisconsin or Chicago?? Make up your mind...Ever been to Belleville??:banana:

Stewball
12-27-2003, 10:20 PM
everyone jump on this tread!:p :argue:

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 08:57 AM
If I hadn't experienced the same thing, I wouldn't be so sure about that field just "appearing" after a while...maybe you just "had to believe"?

How about you Ahneida? Any luck?

Bill Bove
12-30-2003, 09:02 AM
...and that is:banana: :banana: :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
12-30-2003, 09:50 AM
on his over in his forums. Can we do the same thing here? It seems to be the same software.

BBDave

davep
12-30-2003, 11:04 AM
They do not appear to be the same software; this forum uses vBulletin, while BFC uses UBB.threads 6.4.

Anyway, vBulletin does have the ability to display avatars, small graphics under the user name. When I checked last week this feature was disabled by the forum administrator, but when I just looked it seems to have been turned on. Check the "edit options" in the User CP. Who will try it out?

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 11:21 AM
But it works!

50 pixels is really tiny

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 11:22 AM
to slow the board way down...I think that might be why no avitars before...

davep
12-30-2003, 11:26 AM
I just tried it and it keeps saying my image is too big, even though Photoshop says its 50 x 25. I even changed it to 49 x 25 but still no luck. Any ideas?

davep
12-30-2003, 11:29 AM
It does slow everything down. On another non-bike forum I used to visit, where a lot of people had avatars I tuurned off the display feature to speed thing up considerably. This forum has that option also.

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 11:30 AM
check the actual image size in bytes...

They have a very small limit, should be a very simple pic...

Oh and it should be 50x50 pixels...so check the length too

Me and my digicam are going to go visit my CSi right now for some ideas...

I had this cute idea of changing my text to "name this part" and changing the pic each week that I post...I have some very odd pictures from my bikeys now.

Any luck? Is your pic under 2K?

Kevan
12-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Mikemets has got me roped into a ride New Years day, question is what bubbly travels well in plastic and compliments a Power Bar?

Fellow rider, Lloyd, who occasionally lurks here suggests mimosas. I'm all for the energy oj offers, but I ain't willing to ruin a nice bottle of tickles.

Piper? Dom (Frankly, overrated.)? Mumms?

Oh yeah... this is Serottaville. Korbel? Great Western? Sparkling Cider?

Hey there's no smilies lofting some bubbles!

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Remember, New Year's Day is the day aFTER New Years Eve...are you sure you'll even have to bother?

Just remember, any glass you put wine in is a wine glass.

I've got a nice Moet Rose champagne here but I don't think it would travel well.

Unfortunately I'll be working registration at our club ride. The PT hasn't approved outdoor riding yet.

I think you're ok with the French stuff here in Serotta ville.

davep
12-30-2003, 12:16 PM
M_A,

You were right, while it was OK size wise (50 x 25 pixels) the file was 4k. I've tried a few other photos I have here at work and can't get them down to below 4k, at least and still have them identifiable. I'll have to try with a simpler image.

Kevan,

While I personally don't think Dom is overrated, I wouldn't mix it with OJ. Korbel makes a nice Mimosa, and its not too expensive as champagne goes.

BumbleBeeDave
12-30-2003, 12:42 PM
<< I had this cute idea of changing my text to "name this part" and changing the pic each week that I post>>

I hope to God you meant BIKE parts!

In any event, don't spread this around--I don't want Sandy to get any ideas!:no:

BBDave

M_A_Martin
12-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Dave...

If I were going to do body parts I'd do a "name this body part by scar" from all my surgery scars and a couple speed skating scars I have...

Here's an easy one:

Bill Bove
12-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Barrel adjuster on your brake. For extra credit, front or back?

Too Tall
12-31-2003, 07:36 AM
Kevan, don't ever EVER put some good cognac into Earl Grey tea and an insulated bottle AND go for a NY's ride. That would be dangerous and irresponsible.