PDA

View Full Version : WTB a Meivici ? Need to sell and Hors Categorie

Smiley
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
My wife says something must go : http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=2558&highlight=endangered+species

I am left to make a hard decision here so lets not drag this out any longer. I can't sell the Uniscasi but will part ways reluctantly with the Hors.

57.5 cm ST
58 cm TT
73 STA
73.5 HTA
7 cm BB drop
2 cm heads up extension
1.2 cm HT above TT by design
Reynolds Ouzo pro fork 1 inch with 2.5 cm worth of spacers
Stand Over is 83.2 cm

This deal is for Frame Fork and headset ( King )

all else remains with me for transfer over to new Meivici

included is touch up paint and spare bushings

Serious offers please contact me magoo252@comcast.net

David Kirk
07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
A sure sign that hell has indeed frozen over. I'm seeking cover and not coming out until I get a sign.

Dave

SoCalSteve
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
A sure sign that hell has indeed frozen over. I'm seeking cover and not coming out until I get a sign.

Dave

Smiley has threatened to do this before (and then came to his senses)...This too shall pass.

Steve

fiamme red
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Smiley, you'll have to change your signature.

Climb01742
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
smiley, next you'll tell us there is no easter bunny.

Smiley
07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Smiley has threatened to do this before (and then came to his senses)...This too shall pass.

Steve
It's the wife that needs to come to her senses, If I had the space or funds, trust me this is a hard decision but I won't just dump the bike :)

Spinner
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
not to the hors. get that evil talk out of your head. consider selling something else.

mdeeds71
07-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Smiley,

This is hillarious...I sent my Hors to get looked at and then bought a Meivici. I have no reason to hold on to th Hors (it is slightly to long in the TT)...Thus once it is back it too is on the block. The Meivici is a true delight to ride. Mine has a 58.5 TT slight slope if you would like to give it a try? I need to make it down to you to make sure I got it dialed in right.

Mark

mdeeds71
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Plus I need to replinish funding for a Kirk this fall. :D

Serotta PETE
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Meivici??? That is not steel or is steel an offering in 2008?

:D

Smiley
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Meivici??? That is not steel or is steel an offering in 2008?

:D

This is not and will be a regretable decision but if somebody here wants to buy it, I am a seller to a friend/forumite :banana:

dave thompson
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM

Dave

Ahneida Ride
07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
WHAT ?????? you have been using too many frns my friend...

Ok. Here is the honest scoop. Legend, Ottrott, Meivici, HC, CSI, are all
wonderful bikes ...... What is best is in the eye of the rider.

Simley's bike is flawless. Someone will pick up a dealski.

I should have picked up Bigman's HC a while back ...... :crap:

Ahneida Ride
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
It's the wife that needs to come to her senses, If I had the space or funds, trust me this is a hard decision but I won't just dump the bike cause carbone is abundant :)

Yea .... Yea ... Blame it on Karen .... Yea .... Yea ....

Serotta PETE
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I was just ribbing you.....your logic makes sense to me but then that could be very scary......

Also if you want SPOKES to store to Hors, I am sure he will. :D Then you can come visit.

I am sorry to see one of the "children" leaving the home...For those that are interested, the Hors is in better than new condition, I saw it before Smiley dropped me in Saratoga ;)

Actually Pete , I tried to buy a Attack for Karen last year and she wanted steel. I need to sell and promote current products that Serotta markets and if they still made a Hors Categorie I would not be a sellar. Meivici is where Serotta is today and Dave Powers shared with me the 08 model changes that suit me better so maybe its time to move on with the gucci stuff.

This is not and will be a regretable decision but if somebody here wants to buy it, I am a seller to a friend/forumite :banana:

saab2000
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Plus I need to replinish funding for a Kirk this fall. :D

What? I heard you're an airline pilot. They make tons of money...... :rolleyes:

Sandy
07-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Dave

Smiley must know something. First the F1 fork and now his Hors. There will be no sign. Obviously we are doomed!

Sandy

Rapid Tourist
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Smiley, I told you years ago to put away the crack 'cause it makes you say crazy cr_p like this. This is NONSENSE. NO PLASTIC BIKES.

Next thing I know you'll be riding a plastic saddle and then I will, indeed, lose all faith in what I hold dear. :crap:

Dekonick
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
It's the wife that needs to come to her senses, If I had the space or funds, trust me this is a hard decision but I won't just dump the bike cause carbone is abundant :)

What about that addition? It should hold several frames...

Keep the Hors - you will regret selling it.

:beer:

chakatrain
07-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I second that about keeping the Hors. It's classic, it's no longer made, and heck, it's in your signature.

Given that, I know how things go...we have to make choices, right? May you make the choice that makes your heart sing :)

Smiley
07-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Sanity check, The BIKE STAYS and I will sneek a new Meivici into the house, paint it like the Hors in hopes that Karen does not notice. This is crazy , I love how the Hor's rides. Just freaking crazy. I will just get a divorce and own all the bikes I want :)

Z3c
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Smiley,

I have an idea; just buy a Parlee, keep the current bikes and you'll spend the same amount of money.

Sorry, I'm still laughing from the Mevici/Parlee debate so I had to say it..

On a serious note, just tell your wife that your bikes help you stay healthy so you can spend more time with her.. Works for me.

Good Luck,

Scott

SoCalSteve
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Sanity check, The BIKE STAYS and I will sneek a new Meivici into the house, paint it like the Hors in hopes that Karen does not notice. This is crazy , I love how the Hor's rides. Just freaking crazy. I will just get a divorce and own all the bikes I want :)

See, I knew you'd come to your senses!

Thats the smartest idea you've had...

Good luck,

Steve

PS: I know a good divorce lawyer...Let me know if you need help with that.

Sandy
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM

Good luck,

Steve

Forget the lawyer stuff. I just showed Smiley's post to Karen. He needs several orthopedic surgeons, nurses for rehab, traction, wound care,.., bandage replacements, and a whole bunch of I am sorry Karens....Never thought a bicycle pump could do so much damage.... :)

Sturgeon Surgeon Sandy

Ginger
07-17-2007, 11:10 PM

So...you're getting rid of that silly hole in the water instead, right?

72gmc
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
waitaminnit. Smiley owns a boat? Why, that's just like standing on a dock tossing your bike money in the water.

And I love boats. But it's the truth.

Ginger
07-17-2007, 11:32 PM
waitaminnit. Smiley owns a boat? Why, that's just like standing on a dock tossing your bike money in the water.

And I love boats. But it's the truth.
That's why he goes by "captain" smiley.

:)

Either that or he makes up all that stuff about sailing and is really spending weekends playing poker in dive bars.

Gothard
07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Smiley,
Nooooo! I would not have a Hors if it wasn't for you. Meivici is prolly better altogether, but Hors is the one. Look at it this way: Newer Porsches are faster/safer/more efficient, yet everyone wants a '73 RS.

Hide it somewhere, sell something else, go have a cold shower, just don't do that.

SoCalSteve
07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Smiley,
Nooooo! I would not have a Hors if it wasn't for you. Meivici is prolly better altogether, but Hors is the one. Look at it this way: Newer Porsches are faster/safer/more efficient, yet everyone wants a '73 RS.

Hide it somewhere, sell something else, go have a cold shower, just don't do that.

Smiley,

Listen to this man, he is a Doctor!

nuff said'

Steve

Ginger
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Smiley,

Well...he may have to take plenty of cold showers if he really annoys Karen...

93legendti
07-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Sounds like a good time to sell your wife's Legend. :)

djg
07-18-2007, 07:03 AM

Good luck,

Steve

I know a good trauma doc.

Ozz
07-18-2007, 08:17 AM
... If I had the space or funds, trust me this is a hard decision
Keep the bike....take it apart so it doesn't take up space if that is the issue. If you sell it, you might get what? About $2000 for it? You won't be able to replace it for any price.

Maybe a good friend can "rent" it for a couple years and then return it???

Ginger
07-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Strip the hors.

Leave the headset and bb if you must. A frame and fork with no parts takes up very minimal room.

And you can always come back to it.

Heck, I know where you could store it! You seem to really really like it...you could hang it on the ceiling over your bed...(might do more for ya than a mirror...not sure how Karen would get along with the idea....)

mdeeds71
07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Smiley,

Actually I want the 72 w/ the Oil door on the outside...

zap
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
:) , Serotta should give you the frameset.

flydhest
07-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Strip the hors.

indeed . . . oh, are we talking bikes?

Ahneida Ride
07-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Good one Fly ...... ;) :D :beer: :p

Serotta PETE
07-18-2007, 12:15 PM

:D I wonder where his "thoughts" are.... :confused:

RPS
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Listen here, " Meivici" Best Bike on the PLANET , including Mars and the Moon !!!

:confused:

Ginger
07-18-2007, 05:56 PM

It was intentional...I leave these easter eggs about just so people can snicker about them. Sometimes I worry about people "around here" 'cause nobody seems to notice...all that work, gone for naught.

Thanks for noticing.

SPOKE
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I was just ribbing you.....your logic makes sense to me but then that could be very scary......

Also if you want SPOKES to store to Hors, I am sure he will. :D Then you can come visit.

I am sorry to see one of the "children" leaving the home...For those that are interested, the Hors is in better than new condition, I saw it before Smiley dropped me in Saratoga ;)

Smiley,
i'd be happy to store the bike at my place. it'd be in very good company. hell, i'll even park it right next to my Hor's..........they could hold handlebars or something!

flydhest
07-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for noticing.

I've had to say that on dates in the past.

PaulE
07-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Friends don't let friends sell their Hors Categorie!

How much would you expect to get for the Hors anyway with those funny looking DKS rear stays? We can put our heads together and come up with a way for you to raise the same funds without selling your Hors.

Karen will understand. Besides, if you sell the Hors you'll probably end up spending more on a therapist than you sold the Hors for. See, I've come up with a plan already!

TimB
07-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I can't believe no one has come up with this yet?

Keep the Hors, sell the Wife.

(With my apologies to Karen, of course.)

Okay, how about selling the boat and then keeping Karen _and_ the Hors?

flydhest
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I can't believe no one has come up with this yet?

Keep the Hors, sell the Wife.

(With my apologies to Karen, of course.)

Okay, how about selling the boat and then keeping Karen _and_ the Hors?

Tim,
Karen likes to go sailing.

TimB
07-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Tim,
Karen likes to go sailing.

So, what you're saying, Fly, is that he needs to sell the boat AND Karen? Maybe even as a package deal?

djg
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
:D I wonder where his "thoughts" are.... :confused:

If you've met him, you know that he's a generous soul...in the interest of sharing the road to the utmost, he focuses on the gutter. :fight:

Ginger
07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
So, what you're saying, Fly, is that he needs to sell the boat AND Karen? Maybe even as a package deal?

You know...Karen's quite the item. I'm sure he'd do well with that combo in the classifieds.

Ahneida Ride
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
You know...Karen's quite the item.

Some guys just have all the luck .... ;) .