PDA

View Full Version : Climb to the clouds

spincoast
07-17-2007, 07:03 AM
I did the 60 mile version of the Climb To The Clouds this past Sunday that was sponsered by the Charles River Wheelman. CRW put on a very nice ride and it's nice to see that preregistration wasn't mandatory, sign-up was the morning of the event and it was only 10 bucks. Plenty of water stops and food along the way made this a great deal.
I have only 1200 easy miles on the bike since March and most of those were flat so I really suffered towards the end. I just happened to hit on CRWs website the night before and it sounded like fun (it was) so I went for it. YIKES!, it is hilly in that area, CRW warned of this on their site but I ignored their warning. Throw in the high temps and humidity and i was cooked by the end.
I met lots of fit and friendly people along the way though.
I hooked up with a group of riders wearing yellow/red kits, one of whom was on a Serotta, spoke with an accent and welcomed me to his group (which was too fast for me). I think he/they were from the Plymouth area, anyway, he looked out for me and tried to help me stay with them but I couldn't. If you're a forumite sorry I didn't get your name but thanks for being so welcoming and supportive.
I was on a Luigino which as I learned on this ride is a great bike on the descents, very fast and confidence inspiring.

Maybe next year the full century.

Fixed
07-17-2007, 08:28 AM
good job bro
cheers