PDA

View Full Version : Serotta frame overhaul...

Dekonick
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
OK -

Before I send a frame back for a complete check and re-paint, a few questions:

Should I clean the inside of the tubes with a hone? Will Serotta check the condition of my tubes? (the top tube has internal cable routing) (old steel 1990'2 frame)

Can I send in several forks with one frame and get them painted to match?

Anyone have any idea how much this will cost?

Next stop: phone call to the factory...I also need to find a local dealer as the shop I bought mine from is now Trek only... :no:

Serotta_Andrew
07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
OK -

Before I send a frame back for a complete check and re-paint, a few questions:

Should I clean the inside of the tubes with a hone? Will Serotta check the condition of my tubes? (the top tube has internal cable routing) (old steel 1990'2 frame)

Can I send in several forks with one frame and get them painted to match?

Anyone have any idea how much this will cost?

Next stop: phone call to the factory...I also need to find a local dealer as the shop I bought mine from is now Trek only... :no:

Yes, we will check the condition of the tubes. Kelly looks over the frame to evaluate the condition and to check for rust. the price for a single colour including decals is $450 for the frame. Fork re paint is $125 for steel againif it passes evaluation. We would prefer if you go through a Serotta dealer but you could send it in from your local shop.

Dekonick
07-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I suppose I should have just sent an email...

:)

Ill check out the nearest dealer...a little drive wont kill the atmosphere will it?

:D

Serotta PETE
07-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Bike will come back looking new....I had an early 90s steel done jsut recently.

It is not a quick turnaround and I would check for it veries by time of year.

PETE

Yes, we will check the condition of the tubes. Kelly looks over the frame to evaluate the condition and to check for rust. the price for a single colour including decals is $450 for the frame. Fork re paint is $125 for steel againif it passes evaluation. We would prefer if you go through a Serotta dealer but you could send it in from your local shop.

Smiley
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I suppose I should have just sent an email...

:)

Ill check out the nearest dealer...a little drive wont kill the atmosphere will it?

:D
Lutherville bikes or All American bikes in Damascus MD

regularguy412
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Bike will come back looking new....I had an early 90s steel done jsut recently.

It is not a quick turnaround and I would check for it veries by time of year.

PETE

+1 on the refurb

I just got my CSI back and it looks better than new. The clear coat seemed even thicker than the oriiginal. If you've Frame Savered the tubes , they should be OK. I only did mine once ( at the time of original build-up ) and they were in great shape, even after 10 years. I think it's a good idea to send in the fork(s), as well. The techs there will have a good look at the frame and fork, and you'll know if there are any problem areas.

Pete's right. They estimated 8-10 weeks for turn around. I got mine back in about 16 weeks. DEFINITELY worth the wait ! The bike is immaculate. :)

Mike in AR

sc53
07-18-2007, 07:54 AM
I had my 1996 CSI redone too, check the link in my sig. Beautiful job, better than new. Turnaround time was about 2 months when I had it done, and cost for my super duper deluxe tri color paint job with detailed head tube lugs was about $1100.