PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of sissy's

pdxmech13
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Is there any real difference from the live coverage other than the commentor's. they say it's expanded or something great.

rwsaunders
07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
You don't have to listen to Bob Roll say "Tour dee Franz" on the live coverage.Is there any real difference from the live coverage other than the commentor's. they say it's expanded or something great.

gary135r
07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I like Robbie Ventura's input.

SWorks4me
07-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Watch interrupted live streaming feed from the Netherlands. It is broadcast in Dutch, but you still know whats going on.

If you promise not to make fun of Bob Roll anymore I'll post the link.

LesMiner
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
In the 90's I got use to Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin on ESPN. I no longer have cable or satelite just over the air free broadcast. The CBS coverage was good, very little of Phil Ligget or Paul Sherwin. A week of the tour in an hour goes pretty quick. Plus they put in background stories. You Tube has TDF videos but they are short and sounds like someone reading from the sports page. Cycling TV has free version also, short but a little more than You Tube. Versus is also on Cycling TV but nothing on the TDF. I thought Cycling TV would have 15 minutes or so per stage but it is really condensed and low resolution.

pdxmech13
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
for the record i think bobske is great and should really say what he thinks. Not say what he thinks the viewers may want to hear. I was really just interested if there were in-depth profiles or other things about the race on the primtime show.

cmg
07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
VERSUS has been doing better job this year. I catch the live and Roll/Trautwig broadcasts. there are less Oprahesque stories and were not following the exploits of hooligans, instead we get race coverage. Sure there are goofoff moments but most stages are 4 hours or more and you can't avoid the lags on a live show. it would be great if Vs could have daily 1 hr shows of the other grand tours but the american auddience isn't there. Vs is getting better.

BoulderGeek
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I so miss Bobke this year.

I don't think he pronounces French words much worse than the FR2 commentators. :rolleyes:

It's just that, with 5 hours of live Tour on every day, it's hard to get one's responsibilities done from 1-6PM.

davep
07-16-2007, 04:36 PM
It's just that, with 5 hours of live Tour on every day, it's hard to get one's responsibilities done from 1-6PM.
You're living and travelling around France, riding your bike every day, eating and drinking great food ---- what responsibilities do you have??? :beer: