PDA

View Full Version : TdF Monumentally Overworked Adjectives

keno
07-15-2007, 08:03 AM
For example:

"massive", as to just about anything including breakaway, climb, effort, Thor Hushovd, and so on.

"angry", mostly as to the peloton.

"confused", mostly as to the peloton.

"blistering", mostly as to pace and some of the drunks who've been in the sun too long.

Mr. Peloton has more personality than many people I know.

keno

Too Tall
07-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Fer sher KenO fer sher.

So tell me what you think about the bobblehead's? :rolleyes:

Kevan
07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey, today...this morning...I too rode like two men on a bike! Phil knows.

I'm just sayin'.

Too Tall
07-15-2007, 02:56 PM
haha, as if Kev as if. OK ok, "He's at the front Tapping out The Rythym".

tv_vt
07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
he is completely and utterly (whatever), he's all over his machine on this climb, Phil...

A.L.Breguet
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
The best is when Phil i.d.'s a rider as some other rider who retired 5 years ago. This seems to happen once per stage. Paul is very gracious and understanding.
The bobble heads were kinda funny, but Bob Roll butchering the Flemish language was absolutely hysterical. A truly audacious display.

Kevan
07-15-2007, 03:21 PM
haha, as if Kev as if. OK ok, "He's at the front Tapping out The Rythym".

It could happen. Maybe.

saab2000
07-15-2007, 03:25 PM
They're the same everywhere.

I have videotapes of the 1987 TdF from Germany and the announcers today in some cases are still the same as they were then.

The announcers in Switzerland too. Same mistakes and over-the-top announcing as Phil and Paul.

Actually I find it part of the charm of the sport.

What I do not find part of the charm of the sport are the dumber than dumb "Born from jets" Saab commercials.

Wish I were watching it over there!

Kevan
07-15-2007, 03:33 PM
during TdF airing, she's merciless towards the bunch with her comments. Though she concedes that Paul Shewen isn't so bad.

What does she know?!

manet
07-15-2007, 03:54 PM
like a man possessed

LegendRider
07-15-2007, 04:05 PM
The best is when Phil i.d.'s a rider as some other rider who retired 5 years ago. This seems to happen once per stage. Paul is very gracious and understanding.

Today Phil identified Fabian Wegman as Wegmuller - a long since retired rider.

momof4greatkids
07-15-2007, 05:40 PM
What I do not find part of the charm of the sport are the dumber than dumb "Born from jets" Saab commercials.

Wish I were watching it over there!

"stomping on the pedals"

I really enjoy Phil and Paul and Bobke, I never tire of their silly euphemisms. I find myself missing it when it's all over.

What I won't miss are those crazy "Smiling Bob" commercials hawking "Enzyte male enhancement" pills. My goodness, it creeps me out a bit to think that people actually buy that stuff. I like to think it's a "versus" thing, and not a cycling thing (I hope!)

Too Tall
07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
One true thing (the boys agree on"

"We don't know who will run this race"

Great stuff, I'm enjoying this alot.