PDA

View Full Version : Three weeks to l'etape...

MallyG
06-23-2004, 09:28 AM
... and counting. Isn't there anyone else on this message board doing it? Will mine be the only Serotta Legend ST there?????

Climb01742
06-23-2004, 09:51 AM
mally, just read your blog. so which of those handsome blokes are you? and as you descented the alps in the rain and the cold, i hope you weren't remembering pantani in last year's giro.

MallyG
06-23-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm the one BEHIND the camera.
Actually, my fingers froze so cold on the descent that, on one bend, I actually overshot the turn and had to stop and warm my hands up before continuing. Interestingly, I found being in the drops was better than being on the 'hoods'.

BarryG
06-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Cool blog!

jeffg
06-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry about the weather in the Alps. It's always a bit tricky, so try not to be such a Brit and don't go to Courchevel! ;) When I arrived in late June in the Dolomites for the Maratona a few years back it was 0 Celsius at 6 AM! Bring some light gloves and some arm and leg warmers at least just in case!

As for Serottas, I would guess you will see others at L'Etape. This being of course a Euro event, there will be many more Colnagos, DeRosas, etc. I was gratified to see several other Serottas at the Terrible Two last weekend. There are many Serotta owners who ride these events but do not ever hang out on the message board. I don't really know what to make of that, but that's the truth. Hope your training is going well!