PDA

View Full Version : OT You call THAT bottled water? This is bottled water!

keno
07-14-2007, 04:54 AM
OT You call THAT bottled water? This is bottled water!

"Jul 13, 2007 9:29 am US/Eastern

First Class Glass: Bottle Of Water $55 In N.Y.

Tamsen Fadal
Reporting

(CBS) CHAPPAQUA, N.Y. It's not the first thing you think of when you think of bars, but the new drink of choice is also the oldest drink of choice.

Water is the latest trend when it comes to taste and a bit of marketing.

Glass, plastic, carbonated, non carbonated, high mineral content ... no, it's not a fancy drink or a fine wine. Diane Felicissimo is talking about the latest craze -- water.

It's a business making a splash. Americans spent more last year on bottled water than on iPods and movie tickets -- a whopping $15 billion.

Via Genova, a water bar in Chappaqua, N.Y. (home of Bill and Hillary Clinton), is cashing in on the craze, stocking water bottles that look more like collectors items.

"I have probably close to 80 different types of waters," owner Felicissimo said.

This luxury water comes from all over the world and contains magnesium, calcium and even potassium. One brand, "10 thousand B.C." is a top seller at $30 per bottle.

"They get it from British Columbia, Canada," Felicissimo said. "It's a three-day journey by yacht to get to their water source."

If you want some "Bling H2O," plan on paying an amazing $55 for less than a liter.

Digg This Story!

And Felicissimo treats her water more like wine.

"I pair the waters with my food," Felicissimo said.

If you want to be a true water connoisseur, here are a few things to keep in mind:

You should keep your water out of the sunlight, serve it at 55 degrees, and, it should go without saying, ice is a big no-no.

"There are so many people that are uneducated about water," Felicissimo said.

CBS 2 HD hit the streets to find out: In the battle of top water vs. tap water, three out of four people we spoke with chose the expensive stuff.

Felicissimo knows all too well. She's already opened up a second location.

"(Within) five years I think more people will be drinking bottled water," Felicissimo said.

And perhaps pouring even more money into this already overflowing industry."

Hear that, fly - pairing waters with food? An inside source tells me that Via Genova has save it and refilter it equipment in its johns. At $55 a bottle, even sloppy seconds must be worth quite a bit. I won't even get into the location of the place and its meaning.

keno

pdxmech13
07-14-2007, 10:42 AM
All ths waste with bottle water. I'm glad San Fran has stepped up and will not allow the sale of bottle water with in its city.

vaxn8r
07-14-2007, 02:11 PM
....You should keep your water out of the sunlight, serve it at 55 degrees, and, it should go without saying, ice is a big no-no.

"There are so many people that are uneducated about water," Felicissimo said....

She should get a job in the government and educate the masses.

jeffg
07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
All ths waste with bottle water. I'm glad San Fran has stepped up and will not allow the sale of bottle water with in its city.

This applies to only to non-recyclable plastic, no? I see nothing wrong with glass bottles.

I know I drink more water (other than on the bike) when its sparkling. I go for Gerolsteiner (in glass) from Trader Joe's.

As for the pairing with food, I'll stay uneducated and just pair Gerolsteiner or tap with everything, no matter how garish that may be.

flydhest
07-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Hear that, fly - pairing waters with food? An inside source tells me that Via Genova has save it and refilter it equipment in its johns. At $55 a bottle, even sloppy seconds must be worth quite a bit. I won't even get into the location of the place and its meaning.

keno
You're letting your leftist character show by wanting to recycle everything. I wonder how much net loss of water you get. Drink a liter, deposit what comes out and distill it, how much is left?

Chappaqua chaps you a.ss?

Ahneida Ride
07-14-2007, 04:12 PM

I am so happy that Big Brother is protecting me again.
I am not smart enuf to figire outt dat 6 frn a gallong for wader is two
mouch.

Chad Engle
07-15-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't think big brother is protecting you as much as he is protecting the landfill. My son's baseball team could fill up a garbage can with plastic bottles after a double header. He doesn't think it's cool to drink from an insulated jug, I tell him it's not cool to fill up the land fill with plastic when we have tap water and ice cubes....

Bottled water is stupid.

mikki
07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
'Bottled water is stupid.[/QUOTE]'

Ever tasted Fiji water????