PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to try a Toupe

mdeeds71
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
What is the feeling from the forumnites on the use of the White w/blue trim Toupe on my blue tint w/blue white outline Meivici? You can see the thread on the Serotta images thread.

I put my bullit proof thompson on and used my arione to get it on the road. But am going to try a USE post w/ a Toupe. The USE has a 10mm setback thus placing the saddle more centered on the rails than the Thompson. I am curious to see how the white would look...just the buck fify price of a Toupe is heavy just to "see".

So whada ya think????

Jeff Weir
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
buy a new one and try it

used toupes still go for a pretty good penny on ebay

worst case is you might loose $20.00

Fivethumbs
07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Specialized.com has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Elefantino
07-14-2007, 05:09 AM
I think the Toupe feels like a rock under the a**.

However, I use a Specialized OEM saddle that others say feels like a rock under the a**.

The Toupe is stylin', however, so give it a shot. If you don't like it, Jeff's right. You won't be out much. Someone on this board would probably by it, if not eBay.

Climb01742
07-14-2007, 05:14 AM
i have one i'd gladly send you to try, gratis. didn't work for me. might work for you?

Z3c
07-14-2007, 11:25 AM
You ride a Mevici and you are concerned about the price of a Toupe? You should have bought a Parlee and one of every saddle made! Sorry, I just couldn't resist rekindling the Mevici-Parlee thing.. Just kidding!

LOL!

mdeeds71
07-14-2007, 05:30 PM
You ride a Mevici and you are concerned about the price of a Toupe? You should have bought a Parlee and one of every saddle made! Sorry, I just couldn't resist rekindling the Mevici-Parlee thing.. Just kidding!

LOL!

Your efin right I am concerned....why not....I can use the 160 to get some really good wine say a 2000 La Grange, 97 Mondavi reserve, 97 Ridge Montebello Cab, 96 Caymus Special Selection, etc...see I have my priorities set right...and those wineries don't let a Parlee park inside the tasting room :D

Z3c
07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh, please don't start wine-ing, I was only kidding.