PDA

View Full Version : World's in Stuttgart

jeo99
07-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Anyone out there going to the World's in September? It should be Octoberfest time!
:beer:

itsflantastic
07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I have 2 weeks vacation time that I have to use before the year's end. . .

I hadn't come up with any ideas yet that I was in love with, but this one is pretty neat.

Maybe, just maybe.

jeo99
07-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I am going to be there on business the week before. I just need to find an excuse to extend one extra week!

TimD
07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
... don't miss the Porsche and Mercedes-Benz museums.

TriJim
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Just a couple notes about the week and the course--

Local organizers sponsored the WM Velotour on the course in early June. From the start at the Killesburg, the course goes uphill for several km and then a fast downhill in a residential area that looks down onto the city. The first hill is narrow and steep, another downhill, and then a longer uphill. The back half of the course is a long and fast downhill before climbing back up to the start at the Killesburg. There is a right turn about 200m from the finish. The U-23 racers were completing the 12 mile circuit in about 30 minutes. I hit 40 mph on several of the downhills -- not bad for city streets. If you plan to attend, tickets for the start/finish can be purchased from www.easyticket.de. Best standing area should be on the second uphill (since first uphill is a residential area with narrow sidewalks).

I've included a copy of the map and elevation data for 3 circuits of the course.

For those arriving early, ASO (Tour organizers) are sponsoring the Etape de Legende (http://www.letapedelegende.com/2007/EDL/presentation/us/index.html) from Strasbourg to Ballon d'Alsace on 23 Sep, although it may be too late to gain entry.

If anyone needs assistance or would like to plan a forum activity, let me know. :beer: Jim B.

jeo99
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Just a couple notes about the week and the course--

Local organizers sponsored the WM Velotour on the course in early June. From the start at the Killesburg, the course goes uphill for several km and then a fast downhill in a residential area that looks down onto the city. The first hill is narrow and steep, another downhill, and then a longer uphill. The back half of the course is a long and fast downhill before climbing back up to the start at the Killesburg. There is a right turn about 200m from the finish. The U-23 racers were completing the 12 mile circuit in about 30 minutes. I hit 40 mph on several of the downhills -- not bad for city streets. If you plan to attend, tickets for the start/finish can be purchased from www.easyticket.de. Best standing area should be on the second uphill (since first uphill is a residential area with narrow sidewalks).

I've included a copy of the map and elevation data for 3 circuits of the course.

For those arriving early, ASO (Tour organizers) are sponsoring the Etape de Legende (http://www.letapedelegende.com/2007/EDL/presentation/us/index.html) from Strasbourg to Ballon d'Alsace on 23 Sep, although it may be too late to gain entry.

If anyone needs assistance or would like to plan a forum activity, let me know. :beer: Jim B.

Jim B
Thanks for the information! This is exactly what I was hoping to get. Now, if I could find a economical room for the week.

LegendRider
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a tape of the 91 Worlds from Stuttgart - it's one of my favorites. Bugno, Indurain and Rooks in the final sprint. Meijia (sp) was there too, but, needless to say, he wasn't much of a threat in the finale.