PDA

View Full Version : OT - My new hero

gdw
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/jul/10/oregon-man-flies-193-miles-his-lawn-chair/

Louis
07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
My idea is to take a bike along and ride back home. The only problem is that you are certain to have a head wind...

Kevan
07-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Terrific story. We had quite the chuckle at the office over this.

bozman
07-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Couch is the latest American to emulate Larry Walters — who in 1982 rose three miles above Los Angeles in a lawn chair lifted by balloons. Walters had surprised an airline pilot, who radioed the control tower that he had just passed a guy in a lawn chair.

I would have loved to have heard the rest of that conversation...

Sandy
07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I just finished making up one for you. But it has no gps device, no two-way radio, no cell phone, and no navigational instuments. Have a nice trip! :) :)

Soaring Sandy

Kevan
07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm happy to report that I'm out over the Atlantic, making great speed towards France. I think I'll make it an effort to drop in on the boys.

Only one minor concern, as I look down at the water below me there's this roving gang of shadows circling and following my route. Upon further inspection of Sandy's fine craftsmanship I can't help notice that from the chair's tubing some red stuff is dripping out. Sandy, what is that stuff? Locktite? Also, I think next time you should use a better grade of string to tie the balloons. I'm just saying...

musgravecycles
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Couch is the latest American to emulate Larry Walters — who in 1982 rose three miles above Los Angeles in a lawn chair lifted by balloons. Walters had surprised an airline pilot, who radioed the control tower that he had just passed a guy in a lawn chair.

I would have loved to have heard the rest of that conversation...

While I was going through the aviation program during my undergrad years that story was legendary...

These guys are nutz yo.

Sandy
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm happy to report that I'm out over the Atlantic, making great speed towards France. I think I'll make it an effort to drop in on the boys.

Only one minor concern, as I look down at the water below me there's this roving gang of shadows circling and following my route. Upon further inspection of Sandy's fine craftsmanship I can't help notice that from the chair's tubing some red stuff is dripping out. Sandy, what is that stuff? Locktite? Also, I think next time you should use a better grade of string to tie the balloons. I'm just saying...

Those shadows circling, my dear friend, are none other than-

Sandy's Salivating Starving Swimming Sandtiger Sharks

They are planning a party for you. Jump right in...... :) :)

Sensitive Sandy