PDA

View Full Version : keno's New Ride - The Devil Made Me Do It

keno
06-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Daguerreotype seemed most appropriate for this one.

Smiley
06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
what a TRUE track bike Senoir Keno or what like me an old touring rig set up as fixiee , I think NOT as I see the hints of track drop outs in this spy photo. What you got a camera that came out of cracker jack box :banana: , better piks please. Best of luck .

BumbleBeeDave
06-22-2004, 03:16 PM
. . . I hate to tell you this, but I cannot even tell what kind of bike that is. Serotta?

do you have a larger photo?

BBDave

victoryfactory
06-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Keno;
You got ripped off, man
There's no deraileur on that thing!

VF, who needs his 27 on the flats with a tailwind...

csb
06-22-2004, 03:23 PM
...el bastardo

(small icon of raised fist quivering w envy)

keno
06-22-2004, 03:27 PM
what you men of the bike world don't? And, I'm sure csb appreciated the daguerreotype reference, too.

keno

csb
06-22-2004, 03:31 PM
i've handled many such animal,
most recently chuck closes variations.

Sandy
06-22-2004, 05:32 PM
I assume a Spectrum track bike or a fixed gear. Enjoy many safe miles on it.

Please stay out of professional photography- For your benefit and for ours.

Sandy

Too Tall
06-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Celeste no doubt. Nice move youngin'. What's the gear inch?

F.Y.I I am doing a track clinic at "T" town soon. Want to come and join the fun? For a whole $25 you get to have an Olympic athlete yell at you. What fun?

keno
06-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Sure, when? Actually, Bianchi Pista.

keno

keno
06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
I don't see what the bitching is about with the photography.

keno

Sandy
06-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Picture Perfect Sandy

keno
06-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Any more questions?

keno

csb
06-22-2004, 08:56 PM
was there a swap involved?
(bicycle swap)

Smiley
06-22-2004, 09:23 PM
your not riding that thing on pavement , only PERGO , that's what they call it in jersey , right !

keno
06-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Smiley, you worry too much. How come Seth doesn't worry about such things?

keno

Smiley
06-23-2004, 07:02 AM
To LUV is to worry brother Keno , besides Seth is CRAZY

Too Tall
06-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Keno - http://www.artemisracing.org/2004/TrackClinic.pdf

Give me a shout if you are coming and see if yo can come up with a bigger fixed gear inch...something in the 88-90" range. I'm driving up and back same day with a pal.

If you do want to join tell me and I'll send a note in advance to the gal who is organizing it so she knows who you are.

keno
06-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Could you maybe start a "better camera for keno" fund?

keno

Smiley
06-23-2004, 03:05 PM
how'bout one of them picture phones brother Keno , I'll drop a hint to Mrs keno about this subject . I know she's got a camera in her blackberry , why not borrow that one or is it too complicated like a Shimano Flight Deck .

keno
06-23-2004, 04:04 PM
I've all but scrapped the Flight Decks. Since I've put the Power Tap on the Serotta, it provides for all of my data needs, plus. When I'm on the Spectrum, I'm just happy and the Polar gets me what I need. As for the Bianchi fixie, I'll have bigger problems than data.

BTW, when I was on a big ride up on the Hudson a month back, a friend took a picture of me with his slick picture phone. He never was able to dig it out of there and send it to me or anyone else.

You want for me to try to take a plain old picture of the new ride, just for you, and redeem myself, at least somewhat, in your eyes?

keno

ericmurphy
06-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Could you maybe start a "better camera for keno" fund?

keno

I could lend you the camera out of my cellphone (http://planet-deepblu.com/~eric/bike/CellPicsPage2.html).

keno
06-23-2004, 06:40 PM
now that's really clear.

I may have to go back to that film stuff.

keno

Climb01742
06-24-2004, 07:51 AM
keno--what's your experience with your power tap been? pro's and con's? thanks.

keno
06-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Nothing but good, with the sole exception of having to strap the hub into one wheel and use it and only it when you want to do a ride with the Power Tap. There is a small weight consideration, but as I remember you from Open House, you are one of the blessed. Also, the hub internals, power aside, is probably not as good as other hub choices. Whether your wheel of choice will accomodate it may be a consideration for you. It is, however, a training device, with the exception of those who use them in races, which is particularly useful in TT's and if you are otherwise a serious racer who needs to analyze after the fact smart use of energy during a race. Otherwise, you can use another set of wheels for races. Since it is not wireless you need to mount the pickup on a seat stay and run the wire up the stay and over the top tube or down to the downtube and up. I know that the SRM system, which is much, much more costly, is excellent but would be devoted to one bike as its pickup requires mounting within the BB, whereas the Power Tap is portable simply by switching over a wheel. The Polar HRM power system has very shaky reviews, I think, and would avoid it. There may be some other alternatives, but I know nothing about them.

If you are interested in training, I've come to believe that it is the way to go. Heart rate is a good thing to be aware of but it is power that results in speed. I find it perfect for interval and recovery work, in particular, as you cannot fool yourself on the interval side and you will know when you are overdoing it on the recovery side, which is actually the greater problem for most riders.

Dealing with Graber, the company that makes Power Tap, has been super. I had bought a Pro model cpu from a another rider. Somehow the digital readout got fouled up after a few weeks. I called Graber, spoke with a quality assurance person there, he took my name and address and sent me a new unit and when it arrived and I made sure it worked, I sent him the faulty one.

Power Tap software is virtually useless and you would want to buy CyclingPeaks Software for $75, also a terrific outfit to buy from. Take a look at their site to see what you can learn using a power training system. BTW, you do need the Power Tap download cradle in any event to use software.

There are frequently good buys on ebay and roadbikereview classified. You DO NOT want the original cpu unit, as it is not downloadable. The Pro model cpu is nice, but not a necessity at all. I can go into that if you want.

If you are not familiar with training with power, I would recommend that you read the material on the CyclingPeaks Software site.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

Best,

keno