PDA

View Full Version : Tri-virgin cycling questions

Blastinbob
06-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I'll be doing my first team triathlon (bike leg )this weekend . I have a couple of questions for the experienced triathletes browsing the forum.

I want to warm up before I do my bike leg and I assume my bike must be in the transition area before the race starts, should I take another bike and a trainer ? or recommendations on how to warm up without a spare bike ?( not sure how far away I will have to park )

Do they allow you to use headphones ? I never wear them now , but when I used to ride with them I was easily motivated by the beat of the music.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bob :cool:

Ken Lehner
06-22-2004, 12:51 PM
You are most likely correct that your bike has to be in the transition before the race starts. Depending on the race, you should be able to warm up sufficiently before the swim starts, and rack it it time. You might want to ask the race director if you can bring your trainer into the transition area to warm up, if you feel you need to ride right up to the beginning of the bike leg.

Never, never, never ride with headphones. It's not safe for you or for anyone around you.

Know the transition area. Know where your swimmer will be coming in, know where you are exiting, know where you are allowed to get on your bike (probably *not* in the transition area), practice running with your bike shoes (you probably aren't going to start with your shoes in your pedals, right?), know where to enter the transition area to find your runner. Go like hell.

Jack Brunk
06-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey Bob, good luck on your race this weekend. I have no doubt that you will kick some butt.

Jack