PDA

View Full Version : Saving Tour Coverage to DVR/DVD...

bostondrunk
07-09-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm getting a DVR to tape tour coverage while I'm at work. But I'm not sure of the capacity of the DVR, assuming I want to save a lot of the stages. Has anyone tried copying from a DVR to DVD via a DVD recorder, which seem to be available for about $150?? Does it work well, would I be able to chapter the stages??
thx!

jchasse
07-09-2007, 07:31 AM
My cheap Panasonic DVD recorder can record up to 6 hours on a standard DVD RAM disk when recording in "EP" mode. I don't think i've ever tried EP mode, but i can tell you the quality is still great in 4-hr "LP" mode.

Cant help you on the copying front. Because i can re-record about a million times on the same disc, i'm still working with the 10-pack of DVDs i bought 2 years ago for about 15 bucks. So i've never bothered trying to copy to other media.

bostondrunk
07-09-2007, 08:24 AM
My cheap Panasonic DVD recorder can record up to 6 hours on a standard DVD RAM disk when recording in "EP" mode. I don't think i've ever tried EP mode, but i can tell you the quality is still great in 4-hr "LP" mode.

Cant help you on the copying front. Because i can re-record about a million times on the same disc, i'm still working with the 10-pack of DVDs i bought 2 years ago for about 15 bucks. So i've never bothered trying to copy to other media.

So you record directly from the TV to your DVD, you don't use a DVR first??
I think I need to get to Circuit City, etc., to do some learning....