PDA

View Full Version : Weird technical Campy crankset question...

SoCalSteve
07-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm "toying" with the idea of using a 2007 Ultra Torque Campy crankset on a fixed bike and using the 39 tooth ring on the outside (I did this with a 10 speed Ultegra crankset (and Problem Solver 1/2 size bolts) with great success).

Is there any reason why this would be any different with the new 2007 Campy cranksets? Is there a reason why the carbon version uses Torx bolts instead of Allen bolts? Can I use Allen bolts in its place (as the Problem Solver 1/2 size bolts are Allen). Or, are there 1/2 size Torx bolts made and by whom?

Please (and I mean this most sincerely) do not make "other suggestions" If this cannot-will not work, just tell me so and I will figure something else out.

If this can-will work with the Campy 2007 cranksets and there is a "better way" to go about making this work, by all means, tell me how to do this!

As always, thank you all in advance!

Steve

PS: If you want to call me crazy for doing this, please do so...But, at the same time, please tell me if it can be done and the best way to do it. Thanks! :banana:

pdxmech13
07-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Your method will be just fine. Get rid of those ridiculous torx bolts and enjoy the real life.

P.S. I will say you have to much time to be making ultra torque's a requirment on a fix gear. = :) :beer:

SoCalSteve
07-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Your method will be just fine. Get rid of those ridiculous torx bolts and enjoy the real life.

P.S. I will say you have to much time to be making ultra torque's a requirment on a fix gear. = :) :beer:

Life is good!

Thank you for a simple and precise anwser (even with the editorial)!!!

Steve