PDA

View Full Version : Serotta at Manhattan Beach Grand Prix

cleavel
07-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Hi,

Since this is a Serotta forum I thought I'd post a shot from the women's pro race at the Manhattan Beach Grand Prix this past Sunday:

http://www.pbase.com/cleavel/image/81704051/original.jpg

If you can't read the top tube, it's an Ottrott. :)

If you're so inclined, you can see more photos from the race here:

http://www.pbase.com/cleavel/2007mbgp

LilBolt
07-05-2007, 11:15 PM
What equipment did you use to shoot those? Also, thanks for the virtual trip back home. :cool:

cleavel
07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
What equipment did you use to shoot those? Also, thanks for the virtual trip back home. :cool:
Hi,

I shoot with an Olympus E-1. Have an assortment of lenses but I used the 50-200mm (100-400mm in 35mm terms) exclusively that day.

It was definitely a prototypical SoCal day.

BTW, I got to ride at Marymoor and it was definitely a fun experience and a good workout.

Tom Byrnes
07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
The Serotta Ottrott rider is Anna Drakulich, who rides for our local cycling club, Velo Club La Grange. She now lives in So Cal, but previously lived in Saratoga Springs and got her bike while she was living there.

One of our club's other Women's Pro 1-2 rider is 15 year-old Coryn Rivera, who just won three national titles at Junior Track Nationals in Colorado. She is on her way to Pennsylvania for the Junior Road Nationals next weekend. Keep an eye on that very talented young woman.

cleavel
07-06-2007, 09:05 PM
The Serotta Ottrott rider is Anna Drakulich, who rides for our local cycling club, Velo Club La Grange. She now lives in So Cal, but previously lived in Saratoga Springs and got her bike while she was living there.

One of our club's other Women's Pro 1-2 rider is 15 year-old Coryn Rivera, who just won three national titles at Junior Track Nationals in Colorado. She is on her way to Pennsylvania for the Junior Road Nationals next weekend. Keep an eye on that very talented young woman.

Hi Tom,

I lived and raced near Saratoga Springs while I was in college during the late 1970s. That's when I first came in contact with Serotta bikes and Ben. Some great road racing in the northeast. I think that I have another shot of Anna that I haven't processed yet.

I met Coryn this past January during our Winter Track Classic at the ADT Event Center. She did an outstanding job there. I got to speak with her and her father a bit at the Roger Millikan Memorial Race in February. Haven't seen her since but I mostly show up for my race(s) and leave to get back home to the family. You're absolutely right about keeping an eye on her. She has the talent to go very far in this sport. :)

Tom Byrnes
07-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Hi Cleaval,

Your photos are great. Did you race at Manhattan Beach? Which race and with what club? Judging from your comments about being in college in the late seventies, I assume that you must be in your late forties-early fifties. Did you race with Thurlow in the 45+ race?

Tom

petitelilpettit
07-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Great shots, Cleave! You always seem to have great action photos.

I've met Coryn a few times and I am so surprised that someone like her can be an outstanding cyclist. I definitely look forward to seeing her progress in the future. It already has started with Sarah Hammer's team on the track. Also, along with Coryn was Tara McCormick, a club member of Cleave's club. She'll be upcoming with her.

Pettit

Cleave, your Attack should be nearing completion

LilBolt
07-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Cleave...is the Attack a milestone b-day present???? Congrats. Rode up Sunrise at Mt. Rainier last week wearing socks I picked up at King's in SB when on a biz trip...just happened to be when the demo fleet was in town. :banana: I'll be watching the Derby Days Crit here in Redmond this weekend...hope to get a couple of photos 1/2 as good as yours.

cleavel
07-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Your photos are great. Did you race at Manhattan Beach? Which race and with what club? Judging from your comments about being in college in the late seventies, I assume that you must be in your late forties-early fifties. Did you race with Thurlow in the 45+ race?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words on the photos. Saying that I raced in the 45+ race with Thurlow would be a bit of an exaggeration. It was more like hanging on for dear life. :eek: For me it was 45 minutes of intervals, typically 16-18 MPH through the corners followed by accelerations to 30-35 MPH on the strainghts. :crap: :) Life would have been nicer if there was a 50+ race instead as I am still too young to race 55+.

As for my club, check out the link on my sig. ;)

Great shots, Cleave! You always seem to have great action photos.

Also, along with Coryn was Tara McCormick, a club member of Cleave's club. She'll be upcoming with her.

Cleave, your Attack should be nearing completion

Hi James,

Appreciate you taking the time to look at the photos. Bicycle racing and motorsports are what I like to shoot most.

FYI, Tara just got a bronze in the Girls 10-12 Omnium at the National Championship this past week. She also set a national record for 500m for her age group. Very cool. :cool:

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Attack. :D

Cleave...is the Attack a milestone b-day present???? Congrats. Rode up Sunrise at Mt. Rainier last week wearing socks I picked up at King's in SB when on a biz trip...just happened to be when the demo fleet was in town. :banana: I'll be watching the Derby Days Crit here in Redmond this weekend...hope to get a couple of photos 1/2 as good as yours.

Hi Deanna,

You bet. After 30+ years in this sport (since I was a Junior in NY), I decided to treat myself to a custom carbon frame -- especially now that I'm racing with the REALLY old guys (50+). :rolleyes: :D

Rode a Meivici and an Ottrott at the Demo Days at Kings and decided to get an Attack. :confused: I must have missed you that day.

Have fun at the races this weekend.

Steelhead
07-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice wheels on that Ottrott, and i don't mean the Mavics.....