PDA

View Full Version : TdF - still a spectacle!

tv_vt
07-03-2007, 11:29 PM
In spite of the other thread on TdF Energy/Enthusiasm not being too high, I have to say I'm looking forward to it. There are few things in the sporting world as colorful and rich in tradition as the Tour. Sure, there's the recent crap that has me down as much as everyone else, but can you name any sport that doesn't have it's scandals? Do you think NASCAR is clean? Football? Baseball? Squeezing that little extra out of the engine, car or human, is a constant in sport. Toeing the line regarding the rules is too.

Anyway, this year's race is wide open. I'm going to enjoy it. Let's see what Levi can do, or is Vino going to have his year?

With that said, I've been thinking about the one-Tour Wonders of the '90's in light of the EPO stories coming out. Just what is the real story behind Berzin? Or how about Petr Ugrumov? Or anyone remember 3rd place finisher Zenon Jaskula? Now where did he go? And let's not forget Motorola's A. Meija fourth place finish. Out of nowhere and back again. One wonders just how they pulled those results off.

Thom

soulspinner
07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
When the French start thinking they have podium contenders, you know this could be very entertaining. The yellow jersy could be making the rounds!

rePhil
07-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm looking forward to it too. I'm hoping for a close competitive race. I wonder how Levi will do?

soulspinner
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I am sincerely hoping he wins it although Im not partial to disco. Hes played second fiddle a long time and if vino blows up or screws up ...I know its a long shot but even Brunyel is saying he could podium. Probably his last chance. He is time trialing better these days.

mikki
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm looking forward to it with much enthusiasm. Good cycling is good cycling and the scenery alone is worth tuning in for...

We saw Levi in person in SF and Long Beach for the Tour of California and it was so much fun to see him on top of his game. His entire family was in Long Beach and they are all so approachable..

Wouldn't it be great if he won? Vino I'm sure will be up there in the front; maybe Levi will get a break...