PDA

View Full Version : "Charming" Etiquette Experience

keno
07-03-2007, 06:12 AM
A friend, older than I am if you can believe it, told me that he and his wife were riding on a local bike path last weekend. They came up behind two women on bikes riding side by side and chatting making passing impossible. My friend said to them "passing on the left". The woman on the left said to him "you'll have to wait until I finish my thought."

keno

PBWrench
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I'd never hit the trail w/o this in the seat-pack . . .

JohnS
07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
A friend, older than I am if you can believe it, told me that he and his wife were riding on a local bike path last weekend. They came up behind two women on bikes riding side by side and chatting making passing impossible. My friend said to them "passing on the left". The woman on the left said to him "you'll have to wait until I finish my thought."

kenoPerfect retort: If your brain works as slow as you ride, I'll be behind you forever! :)

Tom
07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Don't complain. Most people can't start a thought, much less finish one.

barry1021
07-03-2007, 03:12 PM

keno

What DID he do?? I hope he at least politely explained proper etiquette.

b21

ti_boi
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM

keno

She sounds annoying. Your friend should have kicked her ***.

BumbleBeeDave
07-03-2007, 04:33 PM
. . . a pump in the spokes IS sometimes a good thing--like in THIS case. :eek:

BBD

Bud_E
07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
. . . a pump in the spokes IS sometimes a good thing--like in THIS case. :eek:

BBD

Right! Into the ditch she goes! :bike:

znfdl
07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I have to wonder if she was blonde ;)

barry1021
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
is the thin ice that you are walking on, Znfdl!! :no: :)

b21

3chordwonder
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe she was one of those moms who routinely forget they they're not in charge of the rest of the world like they are with their kids.

I seem to come across a lot of those on the local bikepaths, each one of them towing their own private version of the universe revolving around them.

dave thompson
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I have to wonder if she was blonde ;)
Careful!