PDA

View Full Version : Bragging on My Kiddos....And a Pleasant Surprise!

Giff
07-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Yesterday I took my twins (8 year old boys) out to a local MTB race. They were having a special 2 lap kiddo race on the dirt/grassy area just inside of the trees. Neither boy has raced before, so that, in and of itself was something new. Matthew was on his MTB Bike while Zachary was on his BMX bike. They were lined up about mid-pack in the pack of 25. I'm proud to report that not only did they both ride really good, but Matthew officially took 5th place. Unofficially, his buddy who placed 4th stated that Matthew actually edgded him out by a tire. So in his first race, Matthew took a podium position!!!

Then, to top it all off, we got an EXREMELY rare view of the Shuttle piggybacked on a 747 landing about 2 miles away from us at Offutt Air Force Base!!! Due to Thunderstorms in Florida, they decided to stop for the night here in Omaha. The plane/shuttle were no higher than 600 ft. off the ground and we got a perfect view of it on it's glide slope.

So, I saw one of my kiddos place in his first race AND saw the shuttle fly into Offutt! I must say, it was a very good afternoon....even though our camera was dead!!

Giff

Karin Kirk
07-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a great day!
Way to go, dad!