PDA

View Full Version : Fork/Steerer Tube question

a100mark
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I've got my Kestrel EMS Pro OS Carbon Fork listed on Craigslist. I've got a guy who is interested but I am not sure if there is enough steerer tube left to fit his bike.

It was on my fierte 54cm, and it has 245mm of steerer tube remaining. He rides a 58cm -or- 59cm bike. Do you think it could work for him? I don't want to steer him in the wrong direction if it won't work.

thwart
06-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Certainly no expert (duh!), but a little bit of free time on my hands this morning at work... :D So...

Different bicycle frame designs have different head tube lengths; I have similar sized bicycles with head tube lengths that vary by more than 3 cm.

I don't think you can possibly avoid making a measurement here before assuring him that the fork will work for his bike.

I'll try to ignore the pun about "steering him in the wrong direction" completely. :crap:

Ken Robb
06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
you tell him the length of your steerer and let him measure his HT and see if he will have enough length to get the bars where he wants them. You provide the facts-he makes the judgement so no blame can accrue to you if he doesn't like the end result.

a100mark
06-29-2007, 12:44 PM
thanks to you both.....i've dropped the ball in his court.