PDA

View Full Version : OT: Maybe You Should Watch This

rounder
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I know we are all supposed to be sitting around talking about our bikes. Anyway...right now they are showing the Library of Congress lifetime achievement award for Paul Simon on PBS and it's great so far. Just thought you all would want to know.

JohnS
06-27-2007, 08:34 PM
If they gave one to Paul, they should've given one to Art, also.

grey poupon
06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
paul simon on pbs > internet battles

justinf
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Art? Really? Can't go there. But one could make the argument for Paul.

KJMUNC
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
He's not getting the award, but at least he showed up.

JohnS
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Art? Really? Can't go there. But one could make the argument for Paul.
I always considered them like Lennon-McCartney. What they produced together was much better than anything they did by themselves...just my opinion...

justinf
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Valid, that Paul produced his best work with Art. Good point. What a catalog.

tch
06-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Valid, that Paul produced his best work with Art. Good point. What a catalog.
What about "Graceland" and "Rhythm of the Saints" for just two reasons why Art isn't Paul....

But while we're here... what is it with Paul Simon's ears???? You ever seen how his huge lobes just run into and connect with his face? He looks like he's got alien ears.

Ray
06-28-2007, 07:55 AM
I always considered them like Lennon-McCartney. What they produced together was much better than anything they did by themselves...just my opinion...
Agreed, but it was Simon writing for two voices instead of one that brought out the best in him. With Lennon and McCartney it was both of them writing, arranging, playing, singing, etc. With one writing the verses and one the bridge or chorus. Really an interactive relationship. Whereas with S&G, Art gave Paul another very important tool to work with, but Paul did all the creating in that relationship.

-Ray

rounder
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Art and Paul were great as a group. But this show was to honor Paul Simon for winning the first time ever Ira Gershwin (sp?) award for song writing.