PDA

View Full Version : The Serotta Forumites PMC Team needs your help

Bruce K
06-27-2007, 08:11 AM
OK gang, I will admit up front that this is a shameless plug to help our team at this year's Pan-Mass Challenge.

The Serotta Forumites Team for this year's Pan-Mass Challenge is doing pretty well in our fund-raising efforts.

We are almost to $30,000 with 5.5 weeks to go. I am confident that we will raise $50,000+ but we are really trying to reach $60,000.

As has been told many times, The Pan-Mass Challenge is a 192 mile, 2 day cycling event that raises money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund. The Jimmy Fund Clinic at Dana-Farber is where the pediatric oncology treatment takes place.

This year, the event's goal is $27,000,000 and this fuigure should represent 99% of all rider donations if last year's figures hold true.

So far, we have received a couple of donations from our Forum brethren but I am asking for your support.

We all know someone who has been touched by this awful disease and many of us have lost freinds or family. Our team would really appreciate any donation no matter how large or small that any of you would like to make.

The website is: www.pmc.org and then you do a profile search (left side column) for either the Team Serotta Forumites (use forumites as the last name) or a specific rider if you want to support an individuals fundraising efforts.

We will be taking the road (on Sunday as we all wear the PMC jersey on Saturday) in our new black, red, and silver jerseys the first weekend in August. If you are on Cape Cod and in the area, please come out and cheer us on.

Thanks for reading,

BK

RABikes2
06-27-2007, 09:07 AM
My check is in the mail to you Bruce. Go kids, GO! :banana: Wishing you all the best on your ride and to raise the donations!
RA

barry1021
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
organizing the team

b21 (proud donor)

Bruce K
06-29-2007, 08:27 AM
The Serotta Forumites Team has just passed the $30,000.00 mark in fundraising for this year's Pan-Mass Challenge in support of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund.

Please support the efforts of your freinds and fellow forum participants by making a donation of whatever size you can to either the team or an individual team member.

Every member of The Serotta Forumites Team has commited to a minimum fundraising goal of $3,600.00 and we are all trying to reach a much higher total than that.

If you wish to donate to a specific rider's fundraising efforts, please PM me and I will give you their eGift numebrs or you can look them up on the PMC website.

The PMC website is www.pmc.org and the Team eGift ID # is TT0091.

Thanks again,

BK

PaulE
06-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Here's to hoping you exceed your goal and have great weather and a great ride! :banana: :banana: :banana: :beer:

Bruce K
06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you VERY much.

We appreciate any and all support.

BK

Bruce K
07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Well the total keeps climbing slowly but surely.

We are now over $31,500 so please keep thinking of us.

In the next 2 weeks we will presenting a team jersey to our honorary team member Daisy Locke.

Daisy is the namesake of PMC Team Daisy and is a cancer survivor at age 12. Some of you may remember her story, but she was diagnosed at age 1 and has been cancer free since age three. Her treatments and surgeries have left her virtually bald and with some other issues, but Daisy loves life, her bike, and the PMC and its risers.

Since we ended up with an extra jersey in a size small, I spoke to her Dad to see if she would like one and if it would be OK if we made her a team member of ours too.

Pete thought that would be great so we will be meeting with Daisy soon to give her her own, official, Team Serotta Forumite jersey.

I will post a picture or 2 when this happens.

In the meantime, we are getting closer to the ride weekend. We will move ever closer to a cure, "Closer by the Mile".

Please support the team and its efforts.

Thanks for checking in.

BK