PDA

View Full Version : saeco domestique who helped cunego win giro, is on drugs

shaq-d
06-19-2004, 04:56 AM
eddy mazzoleni, who has had a nice rep as a great domestique, is suspended for having a very suspect convo with a drug doc along the lines of "i used 4000 cc's of so-and-so is that ok". ouch. even more ouch considering mazzo's great performance at the giro d'italia...

story at cyclingnews.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04/jun18news

this drug thing plagues cycling, and plagues a lot of olympic sports too. i wish we had a real insider's look at the pro peloton, or a former pro pelotonian, about what the drug use level is. we have a lot of testimony from people who are getting into the pro ranks, but i wanna know what's going on in the pro peloton proper, that is, those who ride the tour de france. fdjeux thinks all spaniards do drugs... that's pretty damning in my view. sighs.

sd

e-RICHIE
06-19-2004, 07:05 AM
shaq-d wrote (snipped):
"this drug thing plagues cycling..."

to be fair about it, we should articulate this "thing"
and remember there are 1) drugs and 2) there are
drugs on the banned-substance list.
e-RICHIE

ps

:no: :no: :no:
:no: :no: :no:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Kevin
06-19-2004, 07:21 AM
I sure hope that they don't put chocolate chip cookies on the banned list. If they do, I will be banned for life. Maybe I will have to start my own cycling association with Sandy.

Kevin

Russ
06-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I sure hope that they don't put chocolate chip cookies on the banned list.....

But they have Poppy seeds (or the substance that comes from them) on the list, though.

Remember wehn Alexi Grewal was suspended because he had eaten Poppy seed muffins?

Kevin
06-19-2004, 06:48 PM
I guess that explains why my application to ride in the TdF keeps getting bounced. :rolleyes:

Kevin

Sandy
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Sensitive Serotta Sandy

Sandy
06-19-2004, 07:09 PM
One day I would surely like to meet you, your family, and your bionic dog, golden retriever, if I remember correctly. I would also like to ride with you, if and only if,you don't bill me your normal fees, for your riding services.

Sandy

Kevin
06-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Sandy,

Hopefully we will get to ride at next years owner's weekend. Once we do, you will probably conclude that I need about another 25 mph, and the ability to climb a hill, in order to ride in the Tour.

The hair on the dog's leg has almost completely filled in. Its strange, when she had the first artificial knee done (she was eight years old) the hair grew in within about a month. With the second artificial knee for the other rear leg (eleven years old) the hair has taken about 6 months to fill in. I guess she is just getting old. Is there such a thing as doggie pattern baldness?

The vet says that for a dog her size (a natural 90 pounder, they think she is part husky, akita and collie) the doggie year conversion is 9 to 1, not 7 to 1. Considering she is now 100 years old, she is doing pretty well. Can still see, hear and best of all play with the kids apparently pain free.

However, the Vet tells us that she has cracked a couple of more teeth. She had root canal and fillings done a couple of years ago. We are waiting for her physical therapy on the knee to finish, a few more weeks, before we go back for more dental work.

I am doing everything I can to protect my kids from the death of their beloved dog. I may have to look into transplants for her heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. Maybe I should just look into a brain transplant for me, it would probably be cheaper.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2004, 08:07 PM
. . . is an important lesson in life. I think the best you can do is make your dog comfortable, prepare your kids for the inevitable, and try to gain some comfort from the fact that when the inevitable DOES come, your dog will render to your kids an important lesson in how to live.

BBDave

Kevin
06-19-2004, 08:13 PM
BBDave,

You are a wise man. A strange dresser. But a wise man.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2004, 08:17 PM
. . . than being a wise-GUY?

Incidentally, Kevin, when do you ever get time to ride? Every time I check in on the Forum you seem to be here? :confused:

BBDave

Kevin
06-19-2004, 08:40 PM
I am only 28 posts ahead of you. I typically ride in the morning. Check the forum when I get up, and when I get home from work.

Kevin

JohnS
06-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Kevin, there is one thing to remember about old dogs. My sister had an old, larger dog, (13yo, 90lbs) who we loved. His rear was all arthritic but she wouldn't put him down because "he still has good days". Finally, I asked her "does he have to have all bad days before you'll do it?" Then she got the message. It was a sad day for us, but he went straight to Doggie heaven.

bostondrunk
06-20-2004, 05:32 AM
As is kind of said in the article.....if they are going to suspend the Saeco riders, shouldn't Lance also be given the boot because of the info revealed in the book just released??

Kevin
06-20-2004, 05:34 AM
Well despite her old age she has a clean bill of health from the Vet. She does not have arthritis. She still can see and hear. Her problem is that she is as dumb as a rock and as tough as nails. Have you ever seen Turner and Hooch? Our dog is Hooch.

She chases rabbits in the backyard and thinks that she can corner like Barry Sanders on a football field. She blew out both knees with such activities. My wife saw one of the accidents. She said that while the paw stayed on the ground the dog's entire boddy went in the opopsite direction. When the dog was younger she could catch rabbits and the birds in her mouth. After a bird got stuck in her intestines, putting the dog on an IV for a couple of days, the Vet suggested that we put a bell around her kneck to warn the other animals in the yard. So her knee replacements are not completely an age issue. When the surgeon was in there he said that there was verry little arthritis.

As far as the teeth, she likes to chew on slate. We find her in the backyard with a piece of slate from a slate wall in her mouth. She chews on it like a bone. The problem is that the slate and her jaw are both stronger than her teeth.

I am a big advocate of putting an animal down when its life is no longer worth living. I am also a big fan of Dr. Kevorkian. But we are not there yet. I have put down our two prior dogs. This dog's history of "bionic" repairs has more to do with her activities than her age. When its time, we will put her down.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Kevin