View Full Version : Why holding TT riders is a man's job

fiamme red
06-26-2007, 11:47 AM
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/ttt07/ttt07-milram.jpg

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races07/ttt07/ttt07-milram.jpg

Ginger
06-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Sure. Lovely of you to put it that way.

If you look around you'd find photos of the same thing happening when men are holding riders at the start.

Just say'n.

William
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
"DANG IT!!! YOU HOLD THE SADDLE, NOT THE SEAT!!!!" :crap:

William ;)

fiamme red
06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Sure. Lovely of you to put it that way.

If you look around you'd find photos of the same thing happening when men are holding riders at the start.

Just say'n.You're right, I could have phrased it better. How about "Why podium girls are unfit to be TT holders"?

:p :cool: :rolleyes: :D :banana: :bike: :beer:

dauwhe
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
+1 for Ginger...

Why do they need to be held up at all? One of the skills in biking is getting your feet into the pedals. It might be the only thing I can do almost as well as the pros!

Of course, I think they should use their regular bikes, too. I saw a DVD of Eddy Merckx riding a TT in the Giro on his regular bike, with no special clothing or insect helmet. It seemed much more like the "race of truth" than the TTs of today, which appear to be tests of how much money the team has to spend on wind tunnel testing & gear.

Dave "maybe I'd be less cranky if I went to get some lunch" C.

Grant McLean
06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
He shouldn't have farted !

g

regularguy412
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
"DANG IT!!! YOU HOLD THE SADDLE, NOT THE SEAT!!!!" :crap:

William ;)

-- mebbe it would be nice to have yer 'seat' held by a nice lookin' young lady.

JK William !! :beer:

Mike in AR

gt6267a
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Mike in AR

probably a bad idea. i might not leave the start house.

Lanternrouge
06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
+1 for Ginger...

Why do they need to be held up at all? One of the skills in biking is getting your feet into the pedals. It might be the only thing I can do almost as well as the pros!

Of course, I think they should use their regular bikes, too. I saw a DVD of Eddy Merckx riding a TT in the Giro on his regular bike, with no special clothing or insect helmet. It seemed much more like the "race of truth" than the TTs of today, which appear to be tests of how much money the team has to spend on wind tunnel testing & gear.

Dave "maybe I'd be less cranky if I went to get some lunch" C.

As far as doing a standing start, that's just the way it's done even though doing a foot down start would make no difference in the overall standings since I imagine the slowest guy and the fastest guy can get their feet in the pedals in about the same time.

The only true Eddy Merckx-style is the hour record. With everything else, everyone wants to milk every aero advantage there is. With protour teams, it doesn't really matter since they can all use the top stuff and can spend the money to be fast. Even at the local TTs, the majority of people use the full aero setup. Ultimately, it's still a race of truth, except that virtually everyone's on faster equipment than before. You're only at a disadvantage if you don't have it or don't have friends who will lend you their stuff.

ClutchCargo
06-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Mike in AR

knowing when to leave your boy's behind !

:D

grey poupon
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM

rwsaunders
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I think that it happened either when she sneezed or when she realized that he wasn't Ivan Basso, contrary to what he told her over breakfast.

William
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Mike in AR

...though I most certainly agree with you, we're talking a race here. The last thing you would need is having the blood flow re-directed from the legs. :no:

But hey, after the race... Just write your number on my seat....or saddle BUTDON"TLETGO!!!!!

William ;)

Michael Maddox
06-26-2007, 02:53 PM
probably a bad idea. i might not leave the start house.

If their saddles had anatomical cutouts, the young ladies might be a bit more on the ball.

kestrel
06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure it's the podium girl's fault. None of the other girls are even beginning to get ready to hold a rider. I think the rider jumped the gun and assumed she was already holding him. Poor judgment on his part does not constitute an emergency on her part.

MarleyMon
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Hear that whistle, it's six o'clock
(Don't let go, don't let go)
Come on baby, it's time to rock
I'm so happy to have you here
Keeps me grinnin' from ear to ear

Chorus:
Ooh wee
This feeling's killing me
Aww shucks
I wouldn't stop for a million bucks
I love you so
Just hold me tight and don't let go
Hold me tight and don't let go

Keith A
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
But this gal ain't letting go :)

regularguy412
07-04-2007, 07:07 PM
But this gal ain't letting go :)

-- that gal has a bigger bicep that I do!

:bike:

Mike in AR