PDA

View Full Version : Non cycling - BBD comment made me think

Dekonick
06-18-2004, 09:41 PM
BBD made a comment about a big business pipeline (internet) and I thought I would share this with the east coasters.

Check out if you can get the new ADSL - Cavalier telephone offers ADSL in VA, some parts of MD (I just got it this month from Cav. tel.) and other areas. Its a good deal - something like 70 bucks for local, unlimited long distance in cont. USA, and ADSL.

The new speeds for ADSL are sick - I get 8 megabit down, 1 megabit up. Cable is at best 3 megabit down, 300k up. Just thought I would share so everyone could send BBD their pics from the weekend I had to miss...

I sure hope it doesnt rain tomorrow evening. I have to teach new residents tomorrow and Sunday. NOT fun. Ill need a ride to clear my mind after repeating over and over and over...

Oh well. :D

Kevin
06-19-2004, 06:02 AM
While I have stuck with a traditional telephone for phone service, I know that my cable company has a similiar deal. I just tested the speed of my cable modem on one of those test websites and it tested 9.1 megs down and 930k up. So depending on where you are located the cable telephone service may be competitive with DSL, at least on internet speed.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2004, 08:03 PM
. . . . Here I saw the thread title and thought maybe I had changed someone‘s life, convinced them to become a monk, or at the very least gotten someone to think about something IMPORTANT! ;)

BBDave . . . Great Philosopher :rolleyes:

Kevan
06-19-2004, 08:10 PM
you might of convinced someone that it was okay to wear the riding kits you sport. :D

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Tough crowd! . . . :crap:

I obviously need to get one of those chicken-wire cages, a la The Blues Brothers, next time I perform here!

BBDave

Dekonick
06-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Well, I have a good friend who has two bee hives... thats not cycling related and makes me think of BBD - does that count? ;)