PDA

View Full Version : Steel Serotta MTB

jpw
06-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Just wondering, when Serotta stopped making steel MTB frames was it for any particular reason that we might know of? Why now only ti frames? Were the steel frames unreliable in any way? Does anyone know?

Thx. J.

Serotta PETE
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
I still have a steel SEROTTA mountain bike...Great ride. It is about 10 years old. They made "bunches" of them. For a time they were known in Europe as a mountain bike company instead of a road bike company.

What they make really depends on market demand. Cross bikes are HOT now and they make steel, ti, carbon/combo.

It was AND IS a fine riding mountain bike (my son in law who raced moutain bikes in college) has his eye on mine for a long term loan.

Richard
06-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I have one and it is a very fine handling bike. Mine is for sale as I have a bum shoulder that cannot take the abuse of MTB riding. If you're interested...

jpw
06-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I have one and it is a very fine handling bike. Mine is for sale as I have a bum shoulder that cannot take the abuse of MTB riding. If you're interested...

..and the size please?

Richard
06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
It is a 17" with an XT build. It is listed on the Classified section of this site.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=29493